Moderator: senjer

Bruhcraft

Modding Fetature

Post by Bruhcraft »

It is Possible to build my Own Map :?:
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Modding Fetature

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

No, and there will never be a public map editor.
Also do to a very poor track record in the community, asking for the map editor is strictly against our unlisted rule. Don't ask again, please.

I'd like to request this topic to be pinned and locked.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

Can you post a quote of a statement from a member of development team. It is a hard step to say "It won't be a public map editor". I can't imagine, that the development team won't release a Map editor some time.

Other thing: Bruhcraft, who created this thread is member of this community since a few days. He isn't able to know our "unwritten rules".
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Michiel wrote: 12 Sep 2016, 18:57 Main reason for not releasing the editor publicly is that it's not something you can use without help, and if 50 people start using it there isn't enough help available for everybody. Also people tend to come up with ideas that won't work out of the box and require the software to be updated, again you don't want 50 people finding out things like that. I can manage helping one person, specially if it's someone who can learn quickly, but I can't support an entire forum of route builders.
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

Is this statement final, or based on actual (2016) development status, with the possibility for a later release, when the Sim and the Editor is more advanced as now.
Perhaps a member of the development team can say something on the subject.
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 12:11 Image
This is the latest screenshot from the editor and it doesn’t look like it has changed and personally just by looking at it, I don’t know how to use it. Let alone users of younger age

Also, things Michiel said in 2016 like ideas not working out without a software update on the editor are still a fact, even if 50 years pass.

Right now, there isn’t any, known of course, plan by Michiel to release the editor and having hopes isn’t any good because you’re probably going to be disappointed
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Tbh, it's looking a lot familiar compared to creating detailed routes and environments in Transport Fever 2 with their map editor. But indeed. Never count on the editor's public release.
chrisrose1993

Post by chrisrose1993 »

That's a shame, been holding out for a editor for a route idea I had even making scenery for it.

Looks fairly self explanatory from that screenshot though...
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Separate question about signal customization. For you beloved devs, how flexible can you guys design traffic signals now? I know with the Underground signals, there are new aspects made from scratch which looks phenomenal. If a diagonal signal can be made, can an arrow signal be made? For road vehicles making turns? Is the creation for the signal aspects are basically creating different shapes out of the standard lights?

This question was sparked by the dwarf version of the LUSS route indicator signal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I did make this signal for the Epping-Ongar Railway.... A "B" lights up when a path has been set to track 3 (the "Bay" track) and an "L" lights up when you go to track 1 (the "Loop" track). I think that should answer your question :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D