Moderator: senjer

Polete06

Re: TFS tram

Post by Polete06 »

good work sjoerd!!!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Perhaps somewhere this weekend another video? ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Yep, this is another important tram delivery :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A wiki page has been created: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/TFS_Trams
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Video about the "Tramway Français Standard", tonight at 20:00 (French timezone, GMT+2); :)

https://youtu.be/CwzPQEFYQiQ
Polete06

Post by Polete06 »

nice!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Now available for download at https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/TFS_Trams ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Ahhh. It's finally out. Well I already started downloading it, since you annouced it's release on Youtube premiere chat. Well time to install it and give it a try! ;)

Edit:
Well it seems that KTM Citylink got a competiton in fastest tram in Metrosim. This tram can go up to 95 km/h. I can confirm that. I did a loop run test in Rijndam Metro 2022 map (the one, where catenary in siding near Station Westplein is lowered down a bit, so Amsterdam M5 trains can use it to move around the siding). In Rijndam Metro 2022 map, there is a small railway loop near Molenwijk depot, which still contains Rijndam Molenwijk railway station. The track leading to Rijndam Centraal is shorted and looped back. The same applies for railway leading to Vierdijk. However, railway leading to Rijndam Airport is cut off completely, leaving 2 dead end tracks. The freight rain runs on loop, and can be "cleared away" from loop by redirecting it to dead end tracks. Then, the track can be used as a looped test track. And on this track, I used a single Grenoble TFS tram unit for testing.
Although I still have some questions:

1st: In Youtube premiere, I noticed, that Sjoerd extended rear mirrors when he was standing still in station. But when he departed, he folded them back. Is this supposed to be done with them or it's just Sjoerd's "habit?"

2nd: If the first option in first question is correct, What would happen, if I extend those rear mirrors in station, forget about them, and depart with them still extended? Will they rip themselves from the tram by force of the air flowing around it, like you can rip landing gear from an aircraft, if you fly too fast and decide to lower it down?
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 18:34 1st: In Youtube premiere, I noticed, that Sjoerd extended rear mirrors when he was standing still in station. But when he departed, he folded them back. Is this supposed to be done with them or it's just Sjoerd's "habit?"
Look at this video; when the doors are closed, the mirror is folded back in: https://youtu.be/v-kL50tBu7Q?t=84
2nd: If the first option in first question is correct, What would happen, if I extend those rear mirrors in station, forget about them, and depart with them still extended? Will they rip themselves from the tram by force of the air flowing around it, like you can rip landing gear from an aircraft, if you fly too fast and decide to lower it down?
No; for that you would need to travel at very high speeds. This tram can't do that.
In think the main reason is to avoid it hitting something along the line, like a lamp post or streetsign. And after all; the mirror is in practice only used to see if the doors are clear and can be closed.
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Sneaky peek :o
Attachments
secret.png
secret.png (151.13 KiB) Viewed 1728 times