Can't change graphics card option at setup

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Reekie12345

Can't change graphics card option at setup

Post by Reekie12345 »

Hi guys. I recently got a new laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GPU however I'm not able to select this on the setup window. It only gives me the option for the Intel UHD graphics card built in. Is there any way for me to change it to run on the Nvidia GPU? Thanks in advance
luka23

Re: Can't change graphics card option at setup

Post by luka23 »

Maybe check your drivers and perhaps update them?
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Reekie12345 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 18:47 Hi guys. I recently got a new laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GPU however I'm not able to select this on the setup window. It only gives me the option for the Intel UHD graphics card built in. Is there any way for me to change it to run on the Nvidia GPU? Thanks in advance
Access the nvidia control panel, then go to manage 3D settings and you have to select the preferred graphics processor by selecting your graphics category (computer restart required). After that, the simulator will normally be able to work on Nvidia graphics.
Reekie12345

Post by Reekie12345 »

MP 85 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 22:14
Reekie12345 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 18:47 Hi guys. I recently got a new laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GPU however I'm not able to select this on the setup window. It only gives me the option for the Intel UHD graphics card built in. Is there any way for me to change it to run on the Nvidia GPU? Thanks in advance
Access the nvidia control panel, then go to manage 3D settings and you have to select the preferred graphics processor by selecting your graphics category (computer restart required). After that, the simulator will normally be able to work on Nvidia graphics.
Just tried it and it worked. Thank you