Depot problem

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Trololo

Depot problem

Post by Trololo »

I actually have a problem while making a new activity.
I just used Rinjdam 2020 AI Weekday timetable, but on Rijndam 2022 map, with some rolling stock changes.
My problem is that when line 4 starts from depot, it goes to the single lane depot exit, and then stop, instead of going to Rinjdam Airport?
Can someone help me?
Sjoerd

Re: Depot problem

Post by Sjoerd »

When setting the depot to send a train out, it only goes to the depot exit track (block 926). Not all the way to the station. From the exit track you practically take your train into service onto the main line, and for that these two routes are needed:

From the depot exit track to Rijndam Airport:

<route code="9-ZA" end="25,35,45" totaltime="190" reversetime="30" scrollsign="0-bd" >
<aimarkers>
<marker block="926" marker="926-2"/>
</aimarkers>
<times>
<depart platform="DAA" time=" 0" destinationcode="1" station="daa" actions="halt" stops="daa"/>
<arrive platform="RDA2" time=" 190" destinationcode="1" station="rda" actions="stop,finish" stops="RDA1,RDA2,RDA3"/>
</times>
</route>

From Rijndam Airport back to the Depot (entry track.... which happens to be the same as the exit track; 926):

<route code="9-AZ" end="926" totaltime="190" reversetime="30" scrollsign="0-bd" >
<aimarkers>
<marker block="25" marker="25-1"/>
<marker block="35" marker="35-1"/>
<marker block="45" marker="45-1"/>
</aimarkers>
<times>
<depart platform="RDA2" time=" 0" destinationcode="1" station="rda" actions="stop" stops="RDA1,RDA2,RDA3"/>
<arrive platform="D926" time=" 190" destinationcode="1" station="daa" actions="stop,finish" stops="d926"/>
</times>
</route>

So after exiting the depot, your train is at block 926 now. Then the first service should be "9-ZA", to go to the station. Be aware that this service should not start before the train has reached block 926. So if you set your train to be send out of the depot at 5:50... don't start this first service until 5:51 (or 5:52).

See it as.... You shunt to the exit of the depot first, and then contact traffic control for permission to enter the mainline. :D
This is as this depot is still some distance from the station, and not directly connected to it.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Trololo

Post by Trololo »

Ok, thanks! :D
Where should I put these code lines?
With train codes, or with yard packs?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yard packs only regulate shunting between depoit tracks, and exits/entry tracks.

Services (on the metro lines) are in the train service codelines.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D