Amsterdam M5

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Amsterdam M5

Post by Sjoerd »

Edgar wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:54 The metro has been very successful. Love the model! I do wonder why it is not possible to do the realistic sounds in the metro as it has been done with the English?
The sounds have been taken from youtube video's of the actual trains.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Sjoerd wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 16:02
Edgar wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:54 The metro has been very successful. Love the model! I do wonder why it is not possible to do the realistic sounds in the metro as it has been done with the English?
The sounds have been taken from youtube video's of the actual trains.
The driving sounds are not the real ones. the subway sounds very different in real life than in the game
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jztJb ... epianSound
Here is a video with the driving sounds of the subway. Sounds completely else than in the game
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Here is the source of the sound. Recorded in an M5 metro: https://youtu.be/Fw9kHi2Y3fQ?t=175
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

I don't even hear that in the game? All the sounds (except for the doors) are just the normal sounds as the SG3?
But the acceleration and deceleration sound is not the same
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

Well most of the traction motor sounds for each of the trains/trams aren't really their own, the only exception are the diesel trains and some of the subways like the Glasgow ones. I did originally noticed this when I first drove the 2009 stock or the 1996 stock, both of which were missing their amazing traction motors, but I got used to it. From what I know, it is possible for the train developers to add the traction motor sounds, it's just that it can be time consuming and also difficult for some of them (especially for ones that have gears like the London Underground stocks I mentioned)

So you just gotta get used to it, since I don't think there's any way to edit the main files of a train other than the repaints.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Actually, I think it's more a technical aspect of the Sim itself, if you pay attention while driving, every "rolling" sound is a loop, pitched according to the train speed.
It mainly works, but it can be a bit less accurate when the current chopper or the train's motors produce certain precise sounds.

I take the first that come to mind, but the MP89 sound is accurate and clean in the sim, though it's very own depart tones are absent (https://youtu.be/Qb32xIu1pkM?t=41).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, that's how it works in the sim. ;)
TZ12

Post by TZ12 »

Hi! Is it possible to add CBTC?
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

CBTC technically already exists through ZUB
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!