we need high speed trains

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alextv2005

we need high speed trains

Post by Alextv2005 »

can someone thought that we need from Rijndam to Zeeburg and reverse high speed trains? for example TGV or others
Lyon

Re: we need high speed trains

Post by Lyon »

Like the Astlom ICNG
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

TGV won't work. The high speed track between Rijndam and Zeeburg is way to short for a TGV to reach it's top speed, you will probably not even reach 250km/h before you have to slow down again. And the Zeeburg - Essim tunnel is not suitable for high speed either due to tight curves. So basically there is no track where you can drive a TGV at it's top speed.
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

high sped trains go many miles (hundereds even) without stopping, this isnt possuble in msb ypenburg to zeeburg takes 5 mins u dont get any high speed trains in real life that have stops that take 5 mins/ every 3-4 miles or so
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

You will need to have 25 kilometers of track to reach 300km/h, plus 5 kilometers of track for every minute you want to maintain this speed. So that is 50km for 5 minutes of 300km/h or 100km for 15 minutes of high speed driving. That is a lot of route editor work for a very short journey, so I doubt there will be any high speed routes coming to this game.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

HSM is a fictional high-speed train, arn't they? Their maximum speed is 250 Km/h.
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

If I'm correct, there isn't any dedicated route currently that give enough distance between stations on the metro network where the HSM could be considered "high-speed". I would say the closest option is of course the TRAXX since it goes about the speed you're looking for in the channel tunnel section.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
lykanc151

Post by lykanc151 »

I agree that there isn't any need for a >=300kmh high speed train (this is METRO simulator anyway), but we could do with some 200kmh trains, for example the NS ICNG or the BR class 43/80x.
However that'll depend on whether the devs want to do then or whether they have the time to make.
MakeMetroMarvelous

Post by MakeMetroMarvelous »

Something like the ICNG or Eurostar would be perfect, especially since the Eurostar was designed to run through the real-life Channel Tunnel (The speed of ICNG is also perfect, since it reaches 200km/h on the Rijndam HSL, and looks better than the HSM trains)
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

ICNG would be possible, but not the Eurostar because of the reasons already explained above
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄