A Small Question

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

tunneltrain96

A Small Question

Post by tunneltrain96 »

Hey There!

First time posting here, or on any forum for that matter. I'm tunneltrain96, commonly referred to as "tunnel" I like a lot of different types of transport, but I think I'll get straight to the point.

Since I like making custom liveries for other trains (this is in separate games by the way), I've seen that it could be difficult to re-paint liveries for trams, trains, etc. While it is my first experience doing something like this (I'm more aware to simply applying the livery like a decal), I feel like I could use a little assistance. If anyone could recommend some good starting tips for re-painting liveries, I'd appreciate it!

Many thanks for help!
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
HexxOP

Re: Repainting question

Post by HexxOP »

Hello tunnel, welcome :)

A good starting point is to get to know the model and the way the texture is applied on it, personally I'd put a very specific color on each part with a few letters on top, easy to distinguish on the model in the engine and easy to see if some parts are flipped or not.
And from there it's simply a lot back and forth between the image editing software you're using and the simulator, to speed things up a bit load the model on a short map, and you can even make a little .act file with only the train/tram you're repainting, would avoid the need to spawn it every time.
(for that last part you can check on the wiki and the forum to learn more about those and the way they're built)

PS : Feel free to put the subject in the title, may help others better if they're looking for the same kind of subject. ;)