Custom Simvliet 2021 Map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Cirkellijn

Custom Simvliet 2021 Map

Post by Cirkellijn »

Hello,
As i couldnt find any "Artwork" or "Custom Fan Creations" Topic and this isnt a Screenshot or Video from the actual Game, i just decided to start an own Topic for this. So basically, i made a custom Map for Simvliet in 2021. This is NOT a Suggestion for the Game (thus not in "Suggestions/Ideas" Topic) but only my Impression of an upgraded Simvliet Network.

Major Changes i made is completing the Railway Line, that just ends abpruptly after Delfsblaak in the 2020 Version. It now runs through some Countryside Villages and eventually ends up in Hageningen, where theres also a Dead-End Railway Track in Simvliet 2020. Theres also a Branch off into the "Dutch Channel Tunnel" for a possible Connection to the Rijndam Map.

Theres also a new short Metro Line D, which is operating the Line between Oostpark and Delfsblaak. Line C is now terminating at Oostpark, because this Station has 3 Tracks. Also, the "weird" Loop of Line C between Airport and Centraal has been built back, as Line C already stops at Centrum, which is literally right besides Centraal. Lines A and B now end at Centrum and not Airport. The former Light Rail Line D is now Line E, as it was inspired by the real Rotterdam/Den Haag Metro Line E. Inspired by Sjoerds Rijndam i also added an automatic Airport Shuttle Line to Simvliets Airport.

I also made some Minor Changes, like removing some Stops from the Tram in Hageningen, giving the Lines new Colours and renaming some Stations. Anyways, feel free to discuss about the Map or suggest new Things. Im open for Suggestions and of course also critisism. Thank you for your Attention!

Greetings, Cirkellijn
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Custom Simvliet 2021 Map

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The railway mainline is throwing me off.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

You should check the official map as the scale is completely off, Delfsblaak is nowhere near Hageningen. And you missed a station as well.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Here's the actual map of the Rijndam and Simvliet area:
Rijndam_and_Simvliet_Area_Map.png
Rijndam_and_Simvliet_Area_Map.png (148.79 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
The line to the east from Essim takes you to the the rest of the Netherlands and beyond.
The line north west of Rijndam Buitenvelden at Rijndam is a mystery.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Michiel wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 21:04 You should check the official map as the scale is completely off, Delfsblaak is nowhere near Hageningen. And you missed a station as well.
There are other mistakes too, like Ypenburg an Vierdijk being in the Simvliet side while they're in the Rijndam island :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Jim2016 wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 01:51 There are other mistakes too, like Ypenburg an Vierdijk being in the Simvliet side while they're in the Rijndam island :D
That's exactly what was throwing me off.
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

I finished a Re-Done Version today; The Map is now more geographically correct, although Delfsblaak still seems nearer to Hageningen then it is. The Mapping Software sadly doesnt allow wider Maps, so i couldnt do it 1:1 Scale. Anyways, the Railway Network is now fixed. The Stops that are on the Rijndam Side were replaced by new ones. I wasnt very creative with these Names though. Two Stops on the Tram Line in Hageningen and the Line C Loop (Airport - Centraal) have been left out at Purpose and (as i already said in the first Version) some Stops were renamed.

Thats the finished Version "0.2" with all the Extensions i made in the first one. Light blue Metro Line D and Airport Shuttle are also still there. :)
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The committee would like the place a rental car center near the Business District and Lot E-F at the airport.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Why is the link between Simvliet Airport and Simvliet Centraal removed? How are you going to transport passagers to the station that was in between there?
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Exactly, I don't get these changes. They reduce the capacity resulting in overcrowded trains and increase travel times by having to change trains unnecessarily. Also it interferes with possible future extensions.