Custom Simvliet 2021 Map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Cirkellijn

Re: Custom Simvliet 2021 Map

Post by Cirkellijn »

Simvliet Centraal and Centrum are literally 5 Steps away from each other so its theoretically the same Station. Even the OFFICIAL Map shows it as one single Station. In the real Worrld there would be a efficient Link (Footbridge etc.) making fast and convenient Changes possible, and not a whole extra Line extension forming a circle, that doesnt even connect to the other part of the Line again.
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The irony of your name counters your statement. :lol:

That aside, I 100% agree. It doesn't make sense realistically unless the purpose is to create a one-way loop of track connection. Loops are better off for bus lines.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Cirkellijn wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 17:08 Simvliet Centraal and Centrum are literally 5 Steps away from each other so its theoretically the same Station.
You are aware that there are stations in between right? And in addition to that, the capacity greatly increases this way, if you run 20 trains per hour in just one direction you you can transport roughly 11500 passengers per hour, by adding the extra 10 trains per hour doing the loop the other way around you can transport 17500 passengers per hour from and to the airport.
loris

Post by loris »

Seriously I don't see the sense at all to cut off the line C between Oostpark to Delfsblaak with a short line D with olny 5 station.
There is just no sense, is better to have the line C liks is suppose to be ( Simvliet Centraal - Delfsblaak ) like cutting off between Simvliet Centraal to Simvliet Centrum ( So the station Poort is abbandonate again )

Sorry that just make the Simvliet Network illogical.
I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
NatIsrael972

Post by NatIsrael972 »

Wow I totally love how everyone is enthusiastic about future developments that they work on their versions of the system maps, I like it! Also after exploring literally everywhere you can with the HSM (with no ATP duhh), I also noticed that there are many track sections that are unmapped on the CVL that could potentially be connected with another part of the network.
Connect with me on LinkedIn!

Safety • Practicality • Accessibility • Cost-effectiveness • Efficiency

Towards public transport excellence.