Next Map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Transrapid1

Re: Next Map

Post by Transrapid1 »

I would implement the Berlin Kleinprofil lines. Its "not as big" but it looks very nice. There are four lines, the:
-U1, running from Warschauer Straße in Friedrichshain to Uhlandstraße in Charlottenburg.
-U2, the longest line, running from Pankow in Pankow..yes... to Ruhleben in Spandau.
-U3, the line with the most sections over ground, running from Warschauer Straße (same as U1) to Krumme Lanke in the district of Dahlem
-U4, the shortest line, running from Nollendorfplatz in Charlottenburg to S+U Innsbrucker Platz in Tempelhof-Schöneberg i think.
I want this map to release in the game becuase Berlin has one of the oldest and a very famous metro network. For example, the Kreuzberger Hochbahn (Lines U1 and U3) and Wittenbergplatz (U1, U2, U3) with the London Underground sign are very famous.
Last edited by Transrapid1 on 24 Jul 2021, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

This is the network map:
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (339.71 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Speaking of U-bahn themes, I'd love to see the Siemens-Düewag U2 LRV make it into the sim with all the different transit authority reskins. Then, the U2A variant can be made with all the same specs but using the SD100/160 shell that already exists in the 3D Warehouse. (U2A is the preproduction SD series)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

I would quite like to see more British stuff we have a tram route in my city and I think it would look quite nice in the sim
it has 4 routes
blue route
yellow route
purple route
and a tram-train route
605px-SheffieldSupertramMap.svg.png
605px-SheffieldSupertramMap.svg.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I'm honestly not a fan of a main corridor with branch lines/spurs unless it's the national network.

The OGs know that I'm a fan of rapid transit in the form of light rail transit or Metro Rail (tram-train). I heavily based my route from LA with inspirations from other cities around the world, which is how I came up with the old concept of Morg City.

This idea of a Metro line that operates like a tram and a subway in the city centre and a train in the suburbs has been executed once as Line T3 in Rijndam. Would love to more of this but with a high floor line where the Mauno Atlis can operated.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 16:06 Would love to more of this but with a high floor line where the Mauno Atlis can operated.
Tbh I doubt the Mauni Atlis will ever be released but eh.
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

dave9876543210 wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 15:35 I would quite like to see more British stuff we have a tram route in my city and I think it would look quite nice in the sim
it has 4 routes
blue route
yellow route
purple route
and a tram-train route605px-SheffieldSupertramMap.svg.png
I was imagining what a Sheffield Supertram map would look like in metro sim :D

It would be an interesting addition if it was added, especially with the tram train
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Transrapid1 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 17:51 I would implement the Berlin Kleinprofil lines. Its "not as big" but it looks very nice. There are four lines, the:
-U1, running from Warschauer Straße in Friedrichshain to Uhlandstraße in Charlottenburg.
-U2, the longest line, running from Pankow in Pankow..yes... to Ruhleben in Spandau.
-U3, the line with the most sections over ground, running from Warschauer Straße (same as U1) to Krumme Lanke in the district of Dahlem
-U4, the shortest line, running from Nollendorfplatz in Charlottenburg to S+U Innsbrucker Platz in Tempelhof-Schöneberg i think.
I want this map to release in the game becuase Berlin has one of the oldest and a very famous metro network. For example, the Kreuzberger Hochbahn (Lines U1 and U3) and Wittenbergplatz (U1, U2, U3) with the London Underground sign are very famous.
You also have the Berlin Großprofil Lines. Those are U5-U9. The difference between the Kleinprofil and Großprofil trains is how wide they are. Kleinprofil trains are 2,35 m and Großprofil trains are 2,65 m.
-U5, running from Honow between Berlin Hellersdorf and Brandenburg to Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
-U6, running from Alt-Tegel in Tegel to Alt-Mariendorf in Mariendorf.
-U7, the real longest line in Berlin and the longest metro line in Germany (31.8 km), running from Rathaus Spandau in Spandau to Rudow.
-U8, running from Wittenau to Hermannstraße in Neukölln.
-U9, running from Osloer Straße in Gesundbrunnen, to Rathaus Steglitz in Steglitz.
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:08
Transrapid1 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 17:51 I would implement the Berlin Kleinprofil lines. Its "not as big" but it looks very nice. There are four lines, the:
You also have the Berlin Großprofil Lines. Those are U5-U9. The difference between the Kleinprofil and Großprofil trains is how wide they are. Kleinprofil trains are 2,35 m and Großprofil trains are 2,65 m.
-U5, running from Honow between Berlin Hellersdorf and Brandenburg to Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
-U6, running from Alt-Tegel in Tegel to Alt-Mariendorf in Mariendorf.
-U7, the real longest line in Berlin and the longest metro line in Germany (31.8 km), running from Rathaus Spandau in Spandau to Rudow.
-U8, running from Wittenau to Hermannstraße in Neukölln.
-U9, running from Osloer Straße in Gesundbrunnen, to Rathaus Steglitz in Steglitz.
I like that idea, i just suggested the Kleinprofil lines becuase I like them more xD
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

and Kleinprofil has another 3rd-rail system :)