Next Map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

alexandru987

Re: Next Map

Post by alexandru987 »

Cirkellijn wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 13:50 Will there be "Nederdam" or "Briel" in 3.16? The Maps are already under Construction but i havent heard of them for a long time so i dont know if the Projects are dead or they just dont get released.
Neither lol , the next map will be Thames .Those maps havent been talked about in so long , they might as well have been cancelled.
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

I know. "City of Thames" is the London-based Thing. Pretty cool. Isnt Sjoerd also building the Epping-Ongar Line in London?
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

The next map will be City of Thames, a metro network set in England based on London Underground.
Nederdam and Briel might be a while, but it may never happen.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I thought both projects were like "dying", and I've read somewhere that Nederdam is more or less being used as a test map for new rolling stock. I can't find back where I got this from so take this with a grain of salt. Briel is technically still WIP but very much not coming in 3.16, I think its still too much unfinished for what I've read in the thread. City of Thames (the LU map) is the only confirmed map by the devs for 3.16.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

thijs773 wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 07:31 and I've read somewhere that Nederdam is more or less being used as a test map for new rolling stock. I can't find back where I got this from so take this with a grain of salt.
The wiki page here said “Test route for new assets” but it was removed together with the map because there don’t seem to be any plans for Michiel releasing it at the moment (and of course to avoid spread of misinformation that it would come for sure some day, while that may never happen)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

As far as I know about Briel, Samuel was creating the Mauno Atlis for it but I can be mistaken. Our devs are really busy people behind the scenes and irl.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
NatIsrael972

Post by NatIsrael972 »

Prague as a suggestion isn't that bad. Besides, in the wiki it's stated that Prague uses the Moscow rolling stock as well. And yes, it's not Dutch Metro Simulator, it's Metro Simulator Beta - even though I'm new here I can see that the developers don't just take inspiration from the Netherlands, but also elsewhere - if not why would we have Simtra and even the Channel Tunnel? It's all their wildest dreams combined into an awesome fictional map!

I have never been a fan of fictitious maps in railway simulators (such as in openBVE) but count me in as a full-fledged fan of Simvliet and Rijndam!

P.S. I have a Dutch friend and a Portuguese friend so that worked out perfectly for me when I asked for their opinion and comments about my new found love, MSB!
Connect with me on LinkedIn!

Safety • Practicality • Accessibility • Cost-effectiveness • Efficiency

Towards public transport excellence.
HKM362

Post by HKM362 »

Stop all those useless foreign metro lines ... :(

It would be much more fun if Dutch metro lines were introduced again, For which the simulator was ultimately intended!
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

HKM362 wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 15:55 Stop all those useless foreign metro lines ... :(

It would be much more fun if Dutch metro lines were introduced again, For which the simulator was ultimately intended!
Your nationalistic cries is your downfall. :roll:
There is nothing wrong with branching out of the Netherlands. It's Metro Simulator, not Dutch Metro Simulator. If you want to stick to playing Dutch maps, play the existing maps or go make your own game. The devs can do whatever the hell they want. If the see something nice outside the Netherlands, they can add it on their own accord. It's a way of expressing creativity.

Your cries are useless. You're outnumbered. :P
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
MikeCA175

Post by MikeCA175 »

A nice suggestion for the next map would be Sydney Metro. Only one line from Tallawong to Bankstown via the Sydney CBD and Sydenham.

Stations are:
Tallawong
Rouse Hill (Elevated)
Kellyville (Elevated)
Bella Vista
Norwest (Underground from here)
Hills Showground
Castle Hill
Cherrybrook
Epping
Macquarie University
Macquarie Park