Freight train traffic jam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

thijs773

Freight train traffic jam

Post by thijs773 »

Is there any way to remove/stop the freight train in the Rijndam 2022 maps? When I want to drive the RijndamRail it blocks the path as it keeps getting to a halt at Rijndam Westplein, and it automatically sets a straight path when exiting the Westplein loop wich can't be unset (it sets itself again after unsetting). I also tried to get there before it passes the first signal so it won't set the path, but I cant use the consist bar to warp to it and camflying to it is too slow. Any solutions?
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Jim2016

Re: Freight train traffic jam

Post by Jim2016 »

Pretty simple; get in its cab, disengage the AI, and park the train in the loop after Westplein or somewhere else that it's not blocking your way.
About the path, in explore mode it's not being set automatically, so there isn't a problem. In an activity just remove the train's number by typing "9909NN TRO" in the CVL and then unset the path if it has been created ;)
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

At least in Rijndam Railways, it does in fact set the first junction (the one after Rijndam Buitenvelden) in explore mode, and your camera starts at Rijndam Centraal, so flying to there in time to stop it before the first signal, not the first switch (as it sets the path after it passed the first signal) is not possible because the fastest way of travel (camera flying) cant reach the train before the first switch. You can't warp into the cab using the consist bar as the train doesnt have a image there. Also in explore mode the train starts with a F code, and it doesn't set the way after Rijndam Westplein (the reversing track junction).

Freight train right after it spawns.

Freight train after it passes the first signal.

Path is auto-set even with a F code.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

About entering the cab, do what you say and then drive it in reverse before the switch.
About the path, when I drove the train back in the loop, the switch didn't get set automatically for some reason. If it does for you, the only way to avoid it is to put the switch in manual mode by typing "RBV FE" in the CVL, but don't forget to set your own path manually as well
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Changing the switch type worked for me, didn't try out reversing the train though. It was only really a problem in explore mode as in activities the train just gets sent to the industrial area behind Vierdijk. That's also why changing it to manual mode was the best solution as I almost never use destination codes in explore mode. Thanks!