How do you solve the Rijndam Airport Easter Egg?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

michael_g

How do you solve the Rijndam Airport Easter Egg?

Post by michael_g »

I noticed a connection branch between M4 and the Airport Shuttle on Rijndam. I know how to change all the switches EXCEPT the one just after Terminals 1-3 on the shuttle. I have seen forums saying to "look around", but I have been looking for over an hour and cant find anything to change the switch! If you are worried that you might spoil it for people, send me a DM.
thijs773

Re: How do you solve the Rijndam Airport Easter Egg?

Post by thijs773 »

I don't consider it as a easter egg, I think its just a passage way to put new vehicles on the shuttle (its the only connection to the main network, and that has a link with the train network for assembly of vehicles outside of Rijndam.)

The switches in the siding area manual, just doubleclick them twice to toggle.

The other switches (siding <-> M4 track 1 and siding <-> shuttleline) are CVL operated, if you want to get to the siding, you need to be at Airport Control (its the only area you can set a route to there) and then just use 710 911 RWI or 711 911 RWI depending on what track you are.

It's kinda complicated but once you understand how it works its very easy.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It was an easteregg in Rijndam 2016 (the whole airport shuttle in fact, as the spawnpoints on the line were also made non-obvious, and I did not mention it on the wiki back then :D ). The manual switch levers were located in a small room next to the tunnel with the sidings.
In later versions (like on the screenshot), the levers were placed next to the switches again.

Indeed; the switches from the main line to these sidings are part of the CVL system.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Hmm, I still have the 2016 addon, lets see if I can find the old locations (I downloaded 3.14 from the Wayback Machine and have 2016 running in there to not overwrite any files, and I run the 1.1 version of 2022 there as well :D )
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
michael_g

Post by michael_g »

Any other connecting branches or easter eggs?

(oh and by the way I already knew the code was 710/711 911 RWI, I just didn't know you actually had to be at Airport Control station to do the command :lol:)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, it was needed to make the CVL see that whole section of tunnel in between as one junction, in order to make the single track between Airport Control and Terminal 4 work. Initially, it was all separate blocks in between (and separate junctions), but then activity's kept going wrong (trains in both directions coming face-to-face at Terminal 1-3). :roll:
The way I did it now, the simulator just sees the track Terminal 1-3 <> Terminal 4 as a single track between junctions (PM4 and PM6.... Now you know why "PM5" as junction name is missing ;) ), and that pretty much solved the problem.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D