Simvliet Buses (Fantasy-Topic)

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Cirkellijn

Simvliet Buses (Fantasy-Topic)

Post by Cirkellijn »

Hi,
As this doesnt belong to any existing Topic i thought i would create a new one. I have a Question, that isnt a Suggestion and just a Fantasy-Thing that came in my mind a few months ago. So today i finally decided to share my thoughts with you and take your opinions. I was wondering what a Bus Network would look like if Simvliet was a real City. I DO NOT want it to be added to the Game, i just wanted to see how it could be if it was existent. Im happy for every Answer! :D
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Simvliet Buses (Fantasy-Topic)

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I have brought up this topic years ago and was shot down. My question was also about Rijndam's bus network but no one took that extra step to create a map for neither of them.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Now you open again this kind of topic, I should look closer at map-making or stuff.
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

i play MSB all day

their are 4 main bus routes pink red green and light blue and an intercity bus route to Essim. metro an NR illustrated in offshades of grey. Potentail extension of new metro line E to noord not shown
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Not enough nor ideal bus routes for a major city. It would need to cover more places within Simvliet, not just the outskirts. Look at a real city bus map for an example. If I were to create a bus network, I personally would base it off of LA Metro's bus network (170 lines) by separating different types of service with numbers (1-99: buses to/from downtown, 100s: west/eastbound buses outside of downtown, 200s: north/southbound, 300: limited stop... etc.) just because that's where I'm from.
i play MSB all day

Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

A little better, but I feel like there's still a lack of service in the open space. But then again, we don't know what the official street maps look like in Simvliet.

So actually, this map will due unless Michiel let's us make an official road map. To think really about it, it is Metro Sim. Roads aren't the main focus.

I will accept this map unless some creates a better one.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

There is this map, where at least the shapes of the metro and train lines is correctly scaled (so De Molens does not appear next to Araplein): http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/File:Simvliet_2020_3.15.png

The map however does not include roads and the city boundaries as shown here do not necessarily match the actual city since in many cases there are only buildings placed nearby the metro lines.