Wiki updates

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Wiki updates

Post by Michiel »

Since there are even more new routes coming in, I think it's time for a makeover of the main page. Having the entire layout baked into images makes it hard to edit, it doesn't scale well with different monitor resolutions and Ctrl+F doesn't work on images. So I would very much like to go back to a layout based on wiki markup and/or html. Is there anyone with experience and/or ideas on how to handle this? It does not have to be an exact copy, if anyone has a fresh idea for a main page I'm open for suggestions :)
metrolord

Re: New wiki front page

Post by metrolord »

I suggest making a small rectangle with a description for every route. The images could be as small as your profile picture. Reduce the size of images.
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I'm looking for slightly more detailed suggestions ;) Like an actual mock-up. You can use the wiki if you want to, just use your personal page to try it out.
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Ahh yes , a redo for the front page is badly needed . Since im not allowed opinions , ill keep it brief but , i feel like you removing the ‘maps’ page with all the work in progress project was a bad idea , also there should be a bit of info on each map , even if they arent finished yet .
EDIT : also i wanted to ask , why was the nederdam map removed from the menu at the bottom ? It would be such a shame to see all that beautiful work go to waste
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

@Michiel You want to keep the same info/links though? So I can see if I can create something
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

At least I am very pleased that next to the "rolling stock" page, which contains links to all individual rolling stock pages, we now also have a "maps" page (with links to the individual maps-wiki-pages), so all maps can be found even if they don't have a picture on the front page; http://www.sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Maps (Thanks to Jim2016 ;) )
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I must admit though, I wasn't much of a fan of those images when Senjer used them instead of the then wiki markup main page :D :roll:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Bump, since the recent poll gave a clear winner, it's time for the new route to get a place on the front-page and for wiki pages for each line to be created. Are there any volunteers for this or should I delay the release by a month to do it myself? ;)
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

if you give the route i'll do it.

jk
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I'm free, so if you want I can help :D

EDIT: This actually is a good moment, I already wanted to make some non-existing pages for stops on T4 but I didn't know how to format etc. so this is a good time to learn and maybe be able to add that as well :)
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.