Wiki updates

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Re: New wiki front page

Post by Michiel »

Train protection is not the same as signalling system. Same with NS, the same signals are used regardless whether ATB-EG, ATB-NG or ETCS level 1 is being used as train protection.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I changed the name to ATP/LUSS since ATP is the train protection (it shows like this in all LU trains) and LUSS (London Underground Signalling System) is the name for the design of the signals. The new link is https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ATP/LUSS
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Why not just call it LU Signalling System? There is no ATP involved here.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

If ATP is not involved in Thames, then it seems like Thames has an unsafe underground system don't you think? According to the actual LU, it is 2 different systems as what I can tell. So LUSS is good, but I do believe ATP should also be involved.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

There are trainstops of course, but trainstops only stop a train after passing a signal at danger or approaching a buffer stop too fast. So it does not influence how the driver should control his train.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Okay, so I removed any ATP mentions and changed the table's style to match the rest of the wiki :)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Also (not sure if I should double post or not :oops: ), should I add it to the main page as well, like so?

dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

thijs773 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 14:58 I created a basic page with the signals displayed on it, and I included instructions on what to do as well. I used the template for ZUB and changed some things. Please give feedback! https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ATB_LU

The link to this page is not on the navbar of the other systems pages yet.
Since Michiel didn't give the name for the system and I couldn't figure it out myself, I called it ATB LU (ATB London Underground). If Michiel or someone else knows the name for it, please put it here so I can rename the page and change the hyperlink for it on the page :D

EDIT: Renamed page to ATP/LUSS (reasoning below), new link is https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ATP/LUSS
just a few things I've noticed
1.the fixed red lights don't go out they stay red at all times and are protected by a fixed tripcock
2 the green a yellow signals are approached controlled won't clear the signal that's halfway down the platform unless the train speed is below 5mph(ish)
that's all I've noticed upto now anyway
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I actually thought that because of the AI some form of security system had to be installed (like in the Toronto map, where normally driving is on sight). Oh well, its good now.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Jim2016 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 20:11 Also (not sure if I should double post or not :oops: ), should I add it to the main page as well, like so?
You can make it "Protection Systems" as both LUSS and ATP protect from accidents.