Beta 3.16

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: Beta 3.16

Post by brozma »

Finally, after long waiting, full of teasers and a brand new map being developed, it's finally out. I was waiting for this moment since I saw this topic and I saw Simtra narrow gauge tram. Well let's download it, install it and test the map(s).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

What do these mean?

Just_robinho

Post by Just_robinho »

RSG3 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 00:55 What do these mean?

Hi there, it means all S stock variants (S7 and S8) are to stop here on this marker so the whole train is in. if it was specific to S7 or S8 types it would say S¦7 or S¦8 (though they normally stop just before the board in game and irl when I see them daily, no idea why when the rest of the tube drivers aim to stop perpendicular to the middle line of the stop board).
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

Just_robinho wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 02:11 Hi there, it means all S stock variants (S7 and S8) are to stop here on this marker so the whole train is in. if it was specific to S7 or S8 types it would say S¦7 or S¦8 (though they normally stop just before the board in game and irl when I see them daily, no idea why when the rest of the tube drivers aim to stop perpendicular to the middle line of the stop board).
I believe the other lines, certainly the northern, central, jubilee and Victoria have a interlocking signal where if they dont stop within a few centimetres of the white bit (indicated by the green) on the board the doors will not be able to open
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

the drivers side window has to align with with the SS bit in the green box
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

As far as I understand the correct stopping position is when the white square is aligned to the edge of the windscreen. This seems to be different for each type of stock, with 1996 stock it seems the marker has to be aligned to the window on the left instead. And for the old D stock the stopping marker was a white diamond plate placed between the rails and the train having to stop on top of it.
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Okay, that makes sense, but at some stations the board is a bit far past the end of the platform and if i stop there the doors which will be next to that fence or past the platform will open anyway. Or am i doing something wrong?
tyteen4a03

Post by tyteen4a03 »

RSG3 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 11:42 Okay, that makes sense, but at some stations the board is a bit far past the end of the platform and if i stop there the doors which will be next to that fence or past the platform will open anyway. Or am i doing something wrong?
Can confirm some of them are not placed correctly. I find it easier to ignore the signs and try to park as close as the end of the platform instead.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

tyteen4a03 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 13:16
Can confirm some of them are not placed correctly. I find it easier to ignore the signs and try to park as close as the end of the platform instead.
Actually, they are placed correctly, these are to show short platforms and are a thing that happens on the real underground. The trains themselves have announcements and automated functions that stop certain doors opening at stations with short stops, this can sometimes be at the front or back of the trains.
tyteen4a03

Post by tyteen4a03 »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 13:47
tyteen4a03 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 13:16
Actually, they are placed correctly, these are to show short platforms and are a thing that happens on the real underground. The trains themselves have announcements and automated functions that stop certain doors opening at stations with short stops, this can sometimes be at the front or back of the trains.
Some of them are not - I can't remember which stations but at some stations the doors end up opening in front of the front gate next to the platforms.

They are also placed where the signal is just about obstructed from cab view if you do stop at the right place.