Epping-Ongar Railway

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Do you want to be able to run tube trains on the line to Ongar again?

Yes, from Epping to Ongar, so occiasional tube trains, or 'full-tube-service' are possibilities.
83%
Yes, but only halfway; no further then North Weald.
4%
No, I'd rather have it un-electrified as is exists in reality.
13%

Total votes: 96

RomfordTransport296

Re: Epping-Ongar Railway

Post by RomfordTransport296 »

You could do the whole Line after the initial release if you want. Newbury Park to Leytonstone and Leyton to White City would be the easiest bit (except stratford station which is overground and has a lot of buildings). Mile end has the two tracks for the district and H&C Lines but maybe leave it as decoration or something as it is only focussed on the Central Line. Could be considered in the future? (just my idea).
mldaureol

Post by mldaureol »

Hi,
Good to hear all the developments in the route.
Mike. :)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 23:23 And after Epping-Ongar.... Extending it with Central line track was just the most logical thing to do.
A small “free” time project you could actually do after the first release of the central line map would be the Waterloo & City line; two stations, everything underground and it runs the ‘92 stock (with just the interior a bit altered and with a different configuration)
Savage Kid

Post by Savage Kid »

but what would it sound like
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

Im not uaually the person on here for requesting things.

I think the route should stop at woodford because as sjoerd has said above his focus was the EOR.

However a short 2 or 3 day project should be the waterloo and city line as it uses the 1992 stock. (short project similar to the funicular)
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd actually did the Waterloo & City Line with his Northern Line route for Microsoft Train Simulator some 12 years back, and he also did the 1992TS and 1995TS trains for that route. I don't think the Waterloo & City will take that long to be built for MSB, but it is up to him to decide on building the W&C map.

I even built this for the W&C route, this is the British Rail Class 487, predecessor to the current stock:
Class_487_2015.jpg
Class_487_2015.jpg (139.22 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have renamed the route in the simulator's menu screen to "Epping-Ongar Railway & Central line".

The Waterloo & City line.... Would it not be better to include that in the same map as the Central line, as that passes the Bank station anyway (granted.... if the Central line ends up reaching that far in a furture version), rather then a totally stand-alone map?

Anyway, I'll deal with the Central line until Woodford first (scenery around Woodford station nearing completion, depot-scripts and CTD yet to finish), and the 1992 stock (last update in this topic is still accurate on the current status of that; I've been focusing on the route).

Yes, I did already do that map for MSTS years ago.... Having just done the Northernline (with all branches) at the time, I already had Waterloo and Bank in the network. So I thought it would be fun to include the Waterloo&City line into it. :D
However.... although I do still have the files in a backup drive I believe.... I haven't used MSTS anymore in many years as Metrosimulator is just much much better (having 3D cab's, multiple train protection systems, and a CVL). :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

MSB is a lot better than MSTS, that's for sure.
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Now I think about the W&C line, could the NSE livery be possible, perhaps as a repaint?
Not required now, of course. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D