Epping-Ongar Railway

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Do you want to be able to run tube trains on the line to Ongar again?

Yes, from Epping to Ongar, so occiasional tube trains, or 'full-tube-service' are possibilities.
83%
Yes, but only halfway; no further then North Weald.
4%
No, I'd rather have it un-electrified as is exists in reality.
13%

Total votes: 96

Jim2016

Re: Epping-Ongar Railway

Post by Jim2016 »

Even at this stage, it looks very nice
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

looking great already, how detailed are you thinking of going on the cab because i have a picture which could be helpful
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

EA750 wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:45 So, since there are no models available for the 1938 stock, I decided to make one :D .
It's far from finished, here it is:

The only thing, is that I'm making it in my spare time, so, it might take a while before it's ready
Let me know if it could be used once finished
Looks good! :)

In order to make the conversion to the simulator easier, please group the objects together (or provide as separate objects) in the final version like this;
  • Axles
  • Bogies
  • Doors (side / front, each door separately)
  • Exterior body
  • Interior
  • Driver controls
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
EA750

Post by EA750 »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 15:32
EA750 wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:45 So, since there are no models available for the 1938 stock, I decided to make one :D .
It's far from finished, here it is:

The only thing, is that I'm making it in my spare time, so, it might take a while before it's ready
Let me know if it could be used once finished
Looks good! :)

In order to make the conversion to the simulator easier, please group the objects together (or provide as separate objects) in the final version like this;
  • Axles
  • Bogies
  • Doors (side / front, each door separately)
  • Exterior body
  • Interior
  • Driver controls

Perfect, I can do groups inside sketchup, do they need to have a specific name (ex. door1 left; door2 left, etc)?

i play MSB all day wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 09:55 looking great already, how detailed are you thinking of going on the cab because i have a picture which could be helpful

Thank you, I'm thinking to go with as much details as possible, the cab itself, in real life, it's pretty basic, no buttons or screens, just levers for control. If you have a picture, send it, it will be helpful ;)

Jim2016 wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 21:32 Even at this stage, it looks very nice

Thank you ;)
i play MSB all day

unfortunatley its not as good as i initially thought. i remebered having it from about 5 years ago, anyways here it is...
i play MSB all day

also on your model some weak weathering would be nice since the units are very old now.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

EA750 wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 16:53 Thank you, I'm thinking to go with as much details as possible, the cab itself, in real life, it's pretty basic, no buttons or screens, just levers for control. If you have a picture, send it, it will be helpful ;)
And speed and brake gauges; ;)

https://youtu.be/D3vaPJwtZak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorgate_ ... s-cab1.jpg
Last edited by Sjoerd on 19 Jan 2021, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
i play MSB all day

most i think had that horid green clour (seen in vid and wikipedia page) removed, i would prefer it to have the more blue colour as per my image above
EA750

Post by EA750 »

i play MSB all day wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 17:43 unfortunatley its not as good as i initially thought. i remebered having it from about 5 years ago, anyways here it is...

It gives an idea anyway, thank you ;)

i play MSB all day wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 17:44 also on your model some weak weathering would be nice since the units are very old now.
The color I've used now, it's a sketchup default color, just to give an idea, when it will be finished I think there will be some kind of texture like other MSB rolling stock, but for that I have to hear from Sjoerd, he is the one that will convert it for the simulator.
Anyway, if you look on the wikipedia page of the 138 stock, there are a couple of pictures of a restored one that looks brand new ;)
EA750

Post by EA750 »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 17:55
EA750 wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 16:53 Thank you, I'm thinking to go with as much details as possible, the cab itself, in real life, it's pretty basic, no buttons or screens, just levers for control. If you have a picture, send it, it will be helpful ;)
And speed and brake gauges; ;)

https://youtu.be/D3vaPJwtZak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorgate_ ... s-cab1.jpg

Perfect, that is what I was looking for, thank you :)

i play MSB all day wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 18:00 most i think had that horid green clour (seen in vid and wikipedia page) removed, i would prefer it to have the more blue colour as per my image above

For that, I think I can make a single color texture, in case someone wants it in another color, can be repainted