Release: RijndamRail Update

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

AlistairCowell

Re: Release: RijndamRail Update

Post by AlistairCowell »

The link doesn't work from the wiki page.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 17:28 The Tunnel Auto Train has a minor issue. When the rear pantograph is dropped down during ride (even when the front one is lifted up), the main door opens, no matter if the train is moving or not.
The car-doors on the Tunnel Auto Train are identified in the simulator as "Pantograph 1". This was done for AI-simulation purposes. If I had defined these doors are regular doors, the AI trains on the tunnel auto shuttle would not open these doors at the terminals, as the AI only opens doors at random at stations. By defining them as "Pantograph 1", I can say "stop,pantodown" at the car-terminals, which then automatically opens these doors (after all; the AI only operates pantograph 1; not Pantograph 2 or 3).
So by defining the doors as pantograph 1, I can force the AI to open them. And further advantage of this approach; the emergency exits can now be defined as normal doors, and operated separately. ;)

So when you drive the train..... Lowering pantograph 1 will open those doors, raising pantograph 1 closes them. Independant of what you do with pantographs 2 or 3.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

I've noticed on FGV KTM CL that the axles are now adjusted to metre-gauge,
I guess you need to build an electrified metre gauge tramway for that now!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

They were already metergauge before this update ;)
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

Sjoerd wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 18:12 They were already metergauge before this update ;)
However, there's nothing that makes use of it as none of the narrow-gauge lines are electrified.
Or does it have a diesel engine? I haven't tried it myself.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, it has a diesel engine. Just like the new Citylink trams the FGV added to their fleet last year; for the future through service from Alicante to Denia (Overhead wires end at station Benidorm Intermodal).
It also has a pantograph, but switching between diesel and electric is not possible in the simulator, so even if you raise tthe pantograph, the diesel motor on the model has to be "on" to drive.
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

When the link is downloaded where do you need to put the files of the rijndam rail update?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Johannes713 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 21:25 When the link is downloaded where do you need to put the files of the rijndam rail update?
Read the README-file; it's there for a reason :roll:
Last edited by Sjoerd on 31 Dec 2019, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Domi2005 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 19:42 However, there's nothing that makes use of it as none of the narrow-gauge lines are electrified.
Or does it have a diesel engine? I haven't tried it myself.
Sjoerd wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 20:08 Yes, it has a diesel engine. Just like the new Citylink trams the FGV added to their fleet last year; for the future through service from Alicante to Denia (Overhead wires end at station Benidorm Intermodal).
It also has a pantograph, but switching between diesel and electric is not possible in the simulator, so even if you raise tthe pantograph, the diesel motor on the model has to be "on" to drive.
So it's essentially a diesel tram. Just mind the gap between the tram and the platform on the Denia Line!
Should edit its wiki page that users using the FGV KTM CL need to press CTRL + E, in order to turn on the
engine as it is a diesel unit. Just like the FGV 2300 units :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

AlistairCowell wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 17:30 The link doesn't work from the wiki page.
Fixed ;)