London Underground trains

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

perfecttrains1000

Re: London Underground trains

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

The S7's have side seating, thats seating on the side of the trains, while the S8's have back to back seating included aswell as some side seating.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Little interesting bug, the class 378 can be coupled to an ICM and everything works fine
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... ecker-Tram

Found this fantastic model today , to me , it would be a lovely addition to the sim and it seems really detailed , and it would be quite quick to add to the game . Seems perfect for Tram 11 in Simvliet
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I found that model about a year ago, and I looked into it, as I like it too.
But this one really is a no-go. Why? Very simple; the roof is at 5,1 meters above the track. In the simulator (Rijndam, Simvliet, Hageningen and Toronto), the overhead wire in most placed is at 5,0 meters above the track, going down to as low as 3,8 meters in the Buitenvelden tram depot.
So... this tram model just doesn't fit. It needs a minimum wire height of at least 5,5 meters, which we just don't have right now. :D

And.... Simvliet doesn't have tramlines.... ;) You mean Hageningen line 11 right?
Last edited by Sjoerd on 21 Jul 2020, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

We never had double-deck trams before in MSB, but clearance would need to be maintained in order to accommodate such vehicles.
Pre-2006 Rijndam Noorderpoort to Rijndam Airport railway line did have restricted clearances and double-deck vehicles were banned,
however this was not a great big deal as that line did not have a connection with the rest of the Rijndam Network.
tyteen4a03

Post by tyteen4a03 »

In the Simvliet 2020 Class 378 scenario I tried to replace the 6-car train with a 10-car one by replacing Class378_3 with Class378_5 for the consist that's 4122EV. After that my train became 9931DD. How do I fix this?
macaronny

Post by macaronny »

alexandru987 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 14:47 https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... ecker-Tram

Found this fantastic model today , to me , it would be a lovely addition to the sim and it seems really detailed , and it would be quite quick to add to the game . Seems perfect for Tram 11 in Simvliet
Here is the double decker tram as well in my hometown,similar to this. It will be great that appears in the simulator too, just my opinion :D
Attachments
hk-tram-01-featured.jpg
hk-tram-01-featured.jpg (481.12 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... ntral-Line

Found this today , seems perfect for a modern Epping Ongar Line
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Looks slightly boxy but perhaps? :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Almost all trains in this game are boxy, especially the new ones. But it could fit well as a new train in the London pack
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.