Savage Kid

Re: London Underground trains

Post by Savage Kid »

file:///C:/Users/devau/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/small_thumbnail.webp
this could be in the sim under the underground pack
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

i HATE that 1972 stock however the 1992 stock is more than plausable for 1 stop between epping and theydon bois on the upcoming eor map
Savage Kid

Post by Savage Kid »

lol the 1972 may have to get modernised a bit but for 1992 yh
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

Sjoerd, I have some S stock sound recordings if you would consider using them for the s7/8 stock in msb? I can send them to you if you wish.
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I just tried the City of Thames map for the first time on my new CPU (I7 9700). I wanted to try a Yellow Line activity to see if the bug at Oxford Cross has been fixed (I also downloaded the Epping-Ongar route, which I think changes some things on the London.000 file). When I arrive at Oxford Cross at the end of the run, there's always a train on the same platform where the activity begins, but it's parked a little bit too far into the tunnel that goes into the yet unused Tower Gardens station. Although I could reach the station with no problems by being routed to the other YL platform. Before, both YL platforms would be occupied by trains that were slightly misplaced, got stuck there and therefore would cause massive traffic jams. Although I only tried the activity once.

There is a shunting signal on this platform but the AI trains seem to completely ignore it. I assume they want to go into the sidings, SPAD at this signal and get stopped by the ATP.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Speaking of City of Thames, we haven't heard updates about it. No worries, we can wait ;).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's because we are not working on it at the moment; focus is now on the Hageningen tram network, and the railways to Essim.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I decided to venture myself into the activity files, and I think I found the reason why this train gets stuck in platform 2 of Oxford Cross, although I'm gonna need Sjoerd to verify if this is truly a sintaxis error, or something else that maybe was done intentionally.

Looked around the files in Metro Simulator/Data/LUI/Activities. I started by getting to know which is the first train that gets stuck at Oxford Cross in the "Afternoon 501" activity.

Opened the activity files, tried to look at clues about the path this particular train takes. This brought me to the "TimetableWeekYellow316.xml" file, and then "CircleMorningYellow.xml" which seems to be a different timetables file. In this one I found something interesting.

Thorough this file, there are mentions to three different routes: "Yellow-OQG", "Yellow-GAO" and "Yellow-GQO". I looked up on "RoutesYellow316.xml", and I couldn't find references to the routes "Yellow-OQG" and "Yellow GQO". At this point I assumed maybe this was a sintaxis error, so I decided to experiment.

In "CircleYellowMorning.xml" I replaced "Yellow-OQG" with "Yellow-OAG" on all trains from 501 to 506, and "Yellow-GQO" with "Yellow-GAO" on all trains from 521 to 526. Then I ran the activity, but stayed at Oxford Cross to check if the AI trains get stuck at platform 2 and... they don't do that anymore; they seem to work well. The only issue I still got is that when the activity ends at 17:53, the player train stops at the platform, but instead of opening the doors, it moves towards the yard and tries to go past the shunting signal, SPADs it and get stuck like the other AI trains did.