Re: London Underground trains

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

How is the cab going?
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Not started on that yet. First I plan to do the evacuation system (that fold-up ladder behind the front door), as I need to find out how much space that is going to take, so the cab can then be build around that.
Also, I am doing the things that take less time first (for example; I also still have to do the inside destinations displays).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The test map made me realize something. What if it the test map was turned into a legit factory for assembly and servicing new models. Basically, add a hanger with very minimum scenery.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Just_robinho

Re: Release: London Underground trains

Post by Just_robinho »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 19:57 Image

Changes since last version:
  • 1973 stock: Main speed dial now in MPH. Digital km/h speed display on the screen on the left, to match with Simvliet/Rijndal ATB signals.
  • 1995 stock: New speed display with lineair speedometer. ZUB installed, so now also usable on Hageningen underground (CS - Strandboulevard).
  • D stock: Main speed dial now in MPH. Digital km/h speed display on the screen on the left, to match with Simvliet/Rijndal ATB signals.
  • S stock: Update to speed display (speed shown in MPH); improved functionality. ZUB installed, so now also usable on Hageningen underground (CS - Strandboulevard).
New since last version:
  • NEW train: 1996 stock (the 1995 stock with one extra carriage).
  • NEW train: 2009 stock.
Notes:
  • On the 2009-stock, the key combination Ctrl+Shift+X doesn't activate the windscreen wipers (these are not animated on this model). Instead, it opens the front door. ;)
  • The S8 and 2009 stock trains are just over 133 meters long. They will therefore not stop at most Simvliet/Rijndam stopmarkers (except on Rijndam line M4), as they are set for 130 meters. So drive them manually. A shorter (fictional) 2009 stock is included in the package to overcome this. As for the S8.... The S7 is the alternative :D
Download: https://filehorst.de/d/duvGkrJb
Hi there, Something to be aware of or might be a mishap when coding/bug in the update. You changed your file names for the LU 1973 stock to LU1973_A/B/etc.xml but in your scenarios, they had LU1973_SE.xml which I don't think exists anymore (hence my game crashing). I went in and fixed the codes manually and now my M7 LU 1973 works properly again. I also spotted it in the zip files hence why I am writing this post. Again, it could be me and my cpu is being trash. That's all, thanks :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I did include the file in my script to build the 000-database.... Ah, I see; there is indeed an error causing it not to find the file.
Fixed the issue here. Will be fixed in the next update, which will be when the Class 378 London Overground train is ready. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The emergency evacuation system :D

Don't try to use when coupled to another unit :lol:
And also.... Make sure that if there is/are power rails, it is / they are switched off 8-)
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

looking good sjoerd in reality you would only need a 3rd rail isolation as the 378 doesn't use the 4th rail system
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

dave9876543210 wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 17:06 looking good sjoerd in reality you would only need a 3rd rail isolation as the 378 doesn't use the 4th rail system
Look online; there are sections where the overground shares tracks with the underground. So there, you will find the Class 378 on tracks with the 4th rail. It only uses the 3rd rail itself there.
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

Sjoerd wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 17:18
dave9876543210 wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 17:06 looking good sjoerd in reality you would only need a 3rd rail isolation as the 378 doesn't use the 4th rail system
Look online; there are sections where the overground shares tracks with the underground. So there, you will find the Class 378 on tracks with the 4th rail. It only uses the 3rd rail itself there.
oops derp moment forgot about the section between Richmond and Gunnersbury where is shares the track with the underground
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

And don't forget Queens Park to Harrow & Wealdstone ;)