Moderator: senjer

Supertrain_fan

Re: Release: MP89 / NS93 / Be 8/8 TL

Post by Supertrain_fan »

Michiel wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 20:14
Supertrain_fan wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 19:58sandwitch
Someone call a witcher!
:lol: :lol:
I'm still learning english. Not depending on Google Translator is hard :mrgreen:
Nicolas wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 20:20 I've always admired how other cities in Latin America have had rubber-tyred metros for a long while. Meanwhile we proudly ran 90+ year old trains on our oldest line until not too long ago, and the Japanese tourists came to take pictures of them and giggle :lol: :oops:
Let me guess: Linea A, Subte de Buenos Aires? :P
I mean, we would be proud too to have really old trains still in regular service for so long. But my favourite trains from there are the second hand japanese trains :P
Attention passengers: Metrotren service to Rancagua departing from platform 3.
Mr. Conductor, OK to proceed.
Have a nice trip!
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Supertrain_fan wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 21:48Let me guess: Linea A, Subte de Buenos Aires? :P
I mean, we would be proud too to have really old trains still in regular service for so long. But my favourite trains from there are the second hand japanese trains :P
Yes, I'm talking about the legendary Brugeoise cars. I'm not gonna lie, those trains are a big part of my chilhood. Being able to seat backwards in front and see forward, the "burnt" smell of the brakes, the wood seats, the dim light coming from the halogen lamps that even briefly turned off at certain parts of the line, the sparks coming from the ancient pantographs, and the constant flex these old bodies suffered. Riding them really was an unique experience. People believed the trains were about to torn apart at the tight curves near Congreso. Having them serve for so long was indeed a point of pride, but also showed how little interest the company (either in public or private hands) had in properly replacing them. Some were refurbished, but there's only so much you can do with that, even if some people are blind enough to believe they are new trains.

Anyway, I'm not gonna continue hijacking this topic with my memories ;)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

How is Japan gonna mock a system that uses a century old rolling stock? Hypocrisy is bliss. :P
I wish we kept those P865s around for another few years, but the P3010 is eSsEnTiAl.

Anyway back on topic. Since the Mexico City MP-68 is coming, are you also planning on modeling their light rail vehicle?
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 05:41 How is Japan gonna mock a system that uses a century old rolling stock? Hypocrisy is bliss. :P
I wish we kept those P865s around for another few years, but the P3010 is eSsEnTiAl.

Anyway back on topic. Since the Mexico City MP-68 is coming, are you also planning on modeling their light rail vehicle?
Not yet, but should be easy to do. Every Mexico City train (metro and light rail) uses the same design standard to this day, so I could modify without problems the MP-68.
But these ones come first :D
Have a nice trip!
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

A small update:
I started the cab controls for the MP-68. When the MP-68 cab is complete, I'll copy and recycle the instruments to the NS-74. It's funny when almost every train based on a Paris Metro rolling stock from the 50's to 70's has the same controls :P

For reference, here is a drawing from the original cab IRL (with spanish names):

That's all for now :)
Have a nice trip!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Very good work! :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

I was in Paris last year and went to the Eiffel Tower on Metro Line 6. Trains of the MP73 are used there. I was standing near the driving stand because the train was also very full. I could easily see the switches and so in the cab. Most of them look like the ones in the early post. The doors mostly closed quickly, But before the warning sound came, the doors closed, but only halfway. The doors opened and then closed definitively. In the same way with the MP 68, the doors close in the same way. But I don't know why the doors close so.
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

In Paris, the driver need to hold the closing button until the doors are fully closed, if you release it before (like if someone is trying to enter and block them (and that you don't want to let him wait hours blocked to let him/her think about what (s)he did)), the sequence is interrupted, either you repress the closure button and the sequence restart where you left it, either you reopen them and restart with the sequence form the beginning (sound and then closure).

About the how fast they close, they're pneumatic, so this is a piston, pressure one one side pulling the doors open, on the other to close them, when doors are open, you have a little button to 'prepare closure', which release pressure on the "open side", so when you close them, there is less air to empty and they're closing faster.
Last edited by HexxOP on 22 Jul 2020, 22:45, edited 2 times in total.
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

ah ok thanks for this helpful information. I often asked myself this question when I took these trains.
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

Another update :D

The MP-68 cab is done 8-)
HexxOP wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 08:29 About the how fast they close, they're pneumatic, so this is a piston, pressure one one side pulling the doors open, on the other to close them, when doors are open, you have a little button to 'prepare closure', which release pressure on the "open side", so when you close them, there is less air to empty and they're closing faster.
This system is used on the Mexico City Metro and Santiago Metro to a extent. In the cab there are 2 buttons on the side of the drivers doors. One of them, just like you said 'prepares closure' and triggers the BEEP to the passengers. The buttons are on these sides, because the driver needs to look at the platform in case someone (or something) gets stuck on the doors.

The funny thing is that Santiago Metro also uses the door closing button as a little dead man's switch, meaning that after the doors closes and the train departs, the driver has to keep pressing the button for a few seconds. Fortunately, there are other buttons to close the doors on the NS-74, just to the right side of the panel.

On both trains there are a pair of switches that on the document above only mentions them as "Comnutador C" and "Conmutador T1".
Conmutador C enables 3 different driving modes:
  • PA: "Pilotaje Automático", or Automatic Pilot (like AI trains).
  • CMC: "Conducción Manual Controlada", or Controlled Manual Mode (normal driving mode, with safety systems in place, just like any train in the simulator).
  • CML: "Conducción Manual Libre", or Free Manual Mode (normal driving mode, but disables any safety systems, used on shunting and on emergency situations).
Conmutador T1 changes the door opening side: left, right, or both at the same time.

You may also noted the small sign at the front of the NS-74, saying Ruta Verde and Ruta Roja. Santiago Metro, until the arrival of the AS-02 on Line 4 (2004), and the arrival of the NS-07 on Line 1 (2009), didn't used destination signs at all! :oops:
When the Express System debuted on Line 4 (2007) and later on Line 5 (2008) and Line 2 (2009), these signs and LED lights on the sides of the trains were retrofitted to help people differentiate both routes, as Chileans weren't used to trains going different places (or different stops) as there are no branchlines or short services on the system. The Express System only works on rush hours (and lunch hour on Line 4), and the rest of the day the trains stop at every station like usual.
A simple explanation with spanish and english subtitles of this system is here:
[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXZA5rzt8o[/Youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXZA5rzt8o

I also left a generic white sign for normal destination signs for the simulator.
With this update, I think both trains are finished :P
Have a nice trip!