Moderator: senjer

VirtualGamer

Re: Afroeptool Add-ons

Post by VirtualGamer »

Thanks! I'll get started on writing the "scripts."
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Hey there it may be a long time ago since this topic was used but I think this is the more appropriated to my project.
I'm currently working on City Of Thames anouncement pack for Afroeptool.
I need your help on one thing, How London underground trains announcement trains are made ?
I've looked a bit and here's the result of what the voice will said, in order (here when train open doors at station) :

If dangerous platform - Please mind the gap between the train and the platform.
Always - This is : <station>.
If others services availables - Change for the <other lines> and <National Rail services or other services>
Undetermined case, maybe always - The next station is <next station>
Undetermined case, maybe always - This is a <line> train to <destination>
If via(s) - via <via station> (and <via station>)
If other direction available - Change for the <line> to <other destination>

Exemple : This is Acton Field. The next station is Acton Central. This is a Green Line train to Southwick Park. Change for the Green Line to Simpleton

For "next station" announcements it looks similar :

Always - The next station is <next station>
If others services availables - Change for the <other lines> and <National Rail services or other services>

Exemple : The next station is Acton Central. Change for the Red Line.This is a Green Line train to Southwick Park. Change for the Green Line to Beckton Junction
Is there some londonians there who can confirm me or correct me ?
Thanks for help !
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

There are differences between the different stocks. In the 92 one for next station it says “The next station is Tottenham Court Road. Change for the Northern line.”

The S stock says:
Before arriving: “The next station is Victoria. Change for the Victoria line, National Rail services and the Victoria Coach Station. The front doors will not open at the next station. Please use other doors.”
After opening the doors: “This is Victoria. The front doors will not open here. Please use other doors. The next station is Sloane Square. This is a Circle line train via High Street Kensington and Paddington.”
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 13:59 I need your help on one thing, How London underground trains announcement trains are made ?
Here are the official scripts: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1104098

-> Download "LU DVA scripts.zip" (about halfway the page) ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

If you're going to make announcements for the COT map, maybe base them on the trains used on the lines in activities. i.e. S Stock announcements for Green and Yellow lines (Sub-Surface)

Green and Yellow lines can be focused on Met, District, Circle and H&C lines
The Red line can be focused on the jubilee line

For interchanges on the same line, its best to go on what earls court does.

The next station is Earl's Court, Change for the piccadilly line and district line services to other destinations.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

Citadis wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 13:59
Exemple : This is Acton Field. The next station is Acton Central. This is a Green Line train to Southwick Park. Change for the Green Line to Simpleton

As of this week S stock has new announets it now says This is Acton Field. This is a Green Line train to Southwick Park. The next station is Acton Central. Change for the Green Line to Simpleton[/color]

as of this vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGDiNYG78TI
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Citadis wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 13:59I'm currently working on City Of Thames anouncement pack for Afroeptool.
Welp, that makes two of us! :lol:
I've been working on it behind the scenes since January, and it'll be voiced by @iamhankhamTS, (I believe to be) the first HalteOmroep add-on to feature a real voice. Expect the release date to be April or May, but knowing my reliability with releasing things on time, it might be a bit later.
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

Citadis wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 13:59 Hey there it may be a long time ago since this topic was used but I think this is the more appropriated to my project.
I'm currently working on City Of Thames anouncement pack for Afroeptool.
I need your help on one thing, How London underground trains announcement trains are made ?
I've looked a bit and here's the result of what the voice will said, in order (here when train open doors at station) :

Always - This is : <station>.
Undetermined case, maybe always - The next station is <next station>

For "next station" announcements it looks similar :

Always - The next station is <next station>

Exemple : The next station is Acton Central. Change for the Red Line.This is a Green Line train to Southwick Park. Change for the Green Line to Beckton Junction
Is there some londonians there who can confirm me or correct me ?
Thanks for help !
for the next station announcements on the red line it would normally be (using the jubilee line as a template)
"the next station is elmford central doors will open on the left hand side change for the green line" (take a look at this audio file to see what i mean https://sndup.net/3rm7 )
at station
"this station is Elmford central change for the green line
"this train terminates at Beckton junction" (take a look at this audio file to see what i mean https://sndup.net/3vw9 )
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

So much replies ! Thanks all for comments and help !
I'll try to apply all of it, but no guarantees.

Currently working, (and focus) on Green Line (S stock) so if i resume that in order
Current station : (MTG,) Station(,Doors not opening), Change, Direction(, Vias), Next Stop, Other line direction
Next Stop : Direction(, Vias), Next Stop, Change, Other line direction(,MTG)(,Doors not opening).

No release date because sometimes progress is boosted(I work a lot), sometimes it's stopped for weeks...
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Wdym by "Direction(, Vias)" on the Next stop?
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains