Re: Amsterdam M5

Post by Johannes713 »

Will you also make the 3 car version?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll prepare these configurations:
  • M5 GVB
  • M5 R-NET (same, but with added R-NET logo's)
  • M5 Testtrain (GVB version, but with full pantographs instead of low speed shunting pantographs)
  • M5 A (end carriage with driver cabin)
  • M5 B (middle carriage with shunting pantograph)
  • M5 C (middle carriage)
With the last three, you can make any trainlength you want. ;)
A normal train is configured as two sets of 3 carriages, coupled back-to-back (A-B-C-C-B-A). A three-part train, like the CAF M7 will be, would be A-B-A (as it still needs that shunting pantograph for use in the depot).

Update on the status of the project:

Train protection update:
While testing on Simvliet line A (with the testtrain configuration) I found (again... it's the same problem the Class 378 has) that if the train has a user-operable ATP selection switch, the train won't switch from ATB to ZUB when it encounters ZUB hardware along the track.
For the player, this is not really a problem; you can make the switch to ZUB manually when you are driving.
For the AI.... It doesn't do it. So AI-trains will be slowed to either a full stop or only 10 km/h when they leave ATB-area's.

Michiel is already aware of the problem, which was discovered when the Class 378 went on the Simvliet-Hageningen line since the last simulator update.
To avoid this problem with this train, and to make sure it is fully usable without having to wait for a new version of the simulator, I removed the user-operable ATP selection switch from this train.
This adaptation makes sure the switch between ATB and ZUB happens automatically (just like on the RET SG3's). And the train is also set to automatically start in "ATP OFF" when spawing in on the City of Thames map, and "Coded Manual" when spawning on the Central Line map.

Driver cabin update:
I decided to build a better screen for the right-side display in the cabview (better then the one you see here; https://sim.bemined.nl/forum/viewtopic. ... 465#p31465).
I found some images of a diagnostics screen that shows information on door status, power, speed, and operating mode. I am now working on implementing that (as far as I can) into the train.
The screen is shortly shown here: https://youtu.be/d2zFtXhrXuA?t=216 and again here: https://youtu.be/d2zFtXhrXuA?t=472
Last edited by Sjoerd on 22 Jun 2021, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Will you also add a separate carriage with a full pantograph? :mrgreen:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I think that's just going to be a one-train-special, which at least won't be hidden away like with the München train ;)
Polete06

Post by Polete06 »

ah ok!!!,cool idea sjoerd
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Hello, when playing in the simulator and using the train of paris that indicate the lines I noticed that there could be a map that appeared in the astlom de paris meters and as these new meters also have the same characteristics, of showing the map of the line that is walking around in the subway cabin, I thought there might be a map of the circular line of rinjdam, or else how can I put this map in or do it myself?
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The line diagrams can be found (and modified) in: Data\AlstomMetro\textures
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Thanks
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾