Amsterdam M5

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Amsterdam M5

Post by Michiel »

MakeMetroMarvelous wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 18:50 What lines will they serve?
Probably none, the metro's of Amsterdam are actually a bit wider so they won't fit on existing lines in the simulator (well they will work as there is no physics simulation, but it will probably look wrong).
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

^^ which must mean 1 of 2 things

A- rijndam m4 is getting a massive new overhaul with wider tunnels (a lot of money for the company)
B- we are getting the m5 Amsterdam line
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Indeed; during my first test with a platform edge (which I did in an early stage as I know the Amsterdam metro's are wider then Rotterdam metro's, on which the simulator is based) I did find out the edge of the carriages cut into the platform edges.
But as this train shouldn't require all new routes to be modified to be usable, I just did what every train manufacturer does; modify the vehicle design a bit to fit the target infrastructure.

The modifications;
  • Removed a small black strip from the outside of the doors to get a few cm more clearance.
  • Made the whole vehicle 2% narrower.
The result; it 'just' fits along the platforms in the sim now. Only if there is a curved platform, you might still have a problem :D

As a matter of fact; the first two screenshots in this topic are without the modification, the 3rd one is with the modification. Would you know the difference if I hadn't told you? ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

i dont know what it is but something about the texture of the m4 display to the left of the front windscreen looks great. well done sjoerd.
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

Seen on a M6 to Tropicana this morning advertising Rijndam Metros new toys coming soon.......... :lol: :shock:
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Sjoerd wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 20:08 In order to keep the aspect ratio correct.... The grey area's under the windows (between the doors) could perfectly fit a texture file of 1000x256 pixels (or multiples of that.... as long as the 'with x height' ratio stays the same). ;)
Alright, I'll start working on it soon.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

That loading gauge makes that M5 a T H I C C boi
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Polete06

Post by Polete06 »

train have real sounds?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Update: passengerview positions have been installed, and the internal destination displays, linenumber displays, and (changeable) route diagrams;

@Polete06: not known yet. I do have some sound files, but I have not taken the time yet to see how usefull they are.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Very nice :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains