Importing models

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HasanM

Importing models

Post by HasanM »

Hello,

I am quite new to this forum and I don't speak dutch so this question may have already been answered on the dutch part of this forum. Apologies if it has.

I have made a train model and I am looking to import it into metrosimulator and making it a driveable vehicle in game, I understand that the exported files which are all finished are .000 file extensions in order to make them work in game. How is this achived, what is the process of making a model compatible for the game?

Thank you
British metrosim user | Works for the railway | Currently developing a British skin pack for the MG2, SG2 and HSM multiple units.

Piccadilly

Re: Importing models

Post by Piccadilly »

HasanM wrote: 26 May 2019, 17:13 Hello,

I am quite new to this forum and I don't speak dutch so this question may have already been answered on the dutch part of this forum. Apologies if it has.

I have made a train model and I am looking to import it into metrosimulator and making it a driveable vehicle in game, I understand that the exported files which are all finished are .000 file extensions in order to make them work in game. How is this achived, what is the process of making a model compatible for the game?

Thank you
Only developers can do it - get in touch with one of them and I imagine it could become a train/metro/tram in the sim.
HasanM

Post by HasanM »

Ahhh ok. No worries. Thank you!

Devs, please get in touch.
British metrosim user | Works for the railway | Currently developing a British skin pack for the MG2, SG2 and HSM multiple units.

Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Sjoerd wrote: 21 Dec 2016, 21:50
;)
(The only way to publicly ping some one on these forums)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 27 May 2019, 06:04
;)
Don't worry, I had already seen this topic ;)

I already have enough projects and project idea's at the moment, but that shouldn't stop HasanM to present his model here (with screenshots).
After all; I am not the only one who can do this sort of thing.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HasanM

Post by HasanM »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 May 2019, 08:49
Sgt_DeBones wrote: 27 May 2019, 06:04
;)
Don't worry, I had already seen this topic ;)

I already have enough projects and project idea's at the moment, but that shouldn't stop HasanM to present his model here (with screenshots).
After all; I am not the only one who can do this sort of thing.
Thank you for replying. This is where I look like one of those small kids and mention that it is a Sketchup model :lol: The model isn't mine but I have seen that some of the models (i believe) are sketchup imports and they are extremely detailed despite sketchup being quite limiting and prone to producing high poly models.

I have attached some pictures below, it is a DLR EMU which operates in London. The driving panels pictured below open up just like the 1995 stock shunting panel. Also, they do have versions of these units which run in Europe with overhead pantographs. I am planning to edit and ammend the model slightly to reflect the little dip in the roof which accomodates the pantograph.

Thank you :)

https://imgur.com/a/s7wbFTF

perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

That model is cool

Sjoerd needs to add that
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
HasanM

Post by HasanM »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 27 May 2019, 16:35 That model is cool

Sjoerd needs to add that
Well he doesn't need to but I do agree with you about the model being cool ;)

Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I see it has turning signals. It must be a streetrunning LRV, is it not? 👀
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

the DLR does not run on the street, its an automatic train that acts like a metro normally formed of 6 cars
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains