De Loper

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

AfroepTool?

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Sooo... Does anyone want to make an Afroeptool list for this?
A n y o n e ? :?

Okay, I guess some of us had a cab ride in a metro train already, at least, I did. And I remember that you don't really hear the announcements. First, you have all the other drivers talking over the train radio system when they have problems. Than you have sound from the train itself, like the eeech-ssschreeeeeach in curves and the alarm system and in the end you had passengers talking, so when you're lucky, you could sometimes hear the announcement chime, but that's it.

So I guess Afroeptool isn't that important, but if someone wants to make a list and / or announcements, I would support him. ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Samuel

Re: De Loper

Post by Samuel »

I don't really know how to make announcements (in the best way), but if you want to make them for me, it would be very kind of you. Or you can also teach me how to make them myself by sending me a private message (that would also be very kindly ;) ).
I'm not here.
senjer

Post by senjer »

I can take a look to it when a release date is coming if you guys want. Also quite funny that you say you can't hear them in the cab. In Rotterdam you can hear them most of the time. Take a look at this cabride around 1:40.
https://youtu.be/OAWHZGcs7zk

@Samuel If you want to know how I do it I can help you out with it.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

My experience as a driver (in the past) is that you can hear them indeed.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

senjer wrote:@Samuel If you want to know how I do it I can help you out with it.
Currently I'm too busy with other stuff of the map, so if I have some time in the future I will ask for some help :)
I'm not here.
MetroSimGermany

Well, my ride was on the 70s train and we don't have good speakers in Berlin metro anyway. So you don't hear them here. Maybe in H/HK/IK Type trains, because they're new.

Tomorrow it is planned to do a "relax day". Maybe I have time to start writing the list. :lol:

@Senjer Does the Afroeptool have got a maximum of soundfiles pro route and can it take audio files from other places then the mp3 folder? I would seperate Briel's soundfiles and put them into another subdirectory under the .exe, so the file would be mentioned in the announcement list as "briel2016/next airport.mp3" instead of "mp3/next airport.mp3".
senjer

Post by senjer »

As far as I know there is no maximum of mp3 files. The only thing is that you want it downloadable, so keep it under 50MB.

You can put the .mp3 files into another folder but the .exe does not see the difference so it will stay in one list. The only thing you can do is make two versions of the config file and only have the one you want to use in your folder.
MetroSimGermany

I made Line A now and packed you a preview list. Because .txt is not allowed (why :?: ) I had to put it here: https://file.town/download/i98vs9fmqdbwzq5mcv58zajhi
I make the normal routes first, because I don't know where short route trains terminate at the moment, so they will be done later.

@Michiel I think we are going to have some sending around of Afroeptool lists in the future, so please...
Under the Posting tab in the ACP are 2 options regarding attachment extensions. The first one is "Manage extensions". There you can have a look to which group your attachment belongs, in this case that's the Documents group.

Then go to "Manage extension groups", and click the green wheel in the Documents row. There click the Allowed box, to allow it to be used in the forums. (phbb Forums)
... because using a file hoster is meh.
MetroSimGermany

Re: AfroepTool

So, I made the lists now.
The first one does only contain stations like on the original AfroepTool lists, the second one also has announcements for the trains destination and a door close warning.

@Samuel: It would be helpful to know where trains do terminate on short trips (like to the depot) during everyday service in Briel, so I can make routes in the AfroepTool lists for these trips. Could you please send me these short trips and where they terminate via PM? ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Wow! Nice map! I can't wait for it to be done ;) Especially that track with HSM. :D But there's one thing you should'nt forget, You should make sure that the player can stop on station on HSM track without overrunning the platform, because as far as I know, stopping HSM train from it's max speed (250 km/h) with braking on -1.00 is very hard and braking distance is very long. Yeah, you can tell me "use -2.00 instead of -1.00!", but guess what? I hate flat wheels noise, it's very annoying.

BTW what type of rolling stock will be used on this map (except HSM)?
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English