Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

AlistairCowell

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by AlistairCowell »

RanstadRail RSG3 EMU passes Simvliet West on Thursday 28th December 2023 while working the Line D service to Strandboulevard.
RanstadRail RSG3 EMU passes Simvliet West on Thursday 28th December 2023 while working the Line D service to Strandboulevard.
20231228193326.jpg (130.76 KiB) Viewed 10834 times
Last edited by AlistairCowell on 04 Jan 2024, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
brozma

Post by brozma »

SG2-1 in Hagenigen.jpg
SG2-1 in Hagenigen.jpg (409.19 KiB) Viewed 10751 times
Welp... First it was SG2 in Hagenigen tram network, now it's SG2/1.

A backstory for this picture. During events of Christmas, the Hagenigen transport company wanted to do something really interesting, so it decided to borrow the prototype of SG2/1 from Simvliet and run it on the Hagenigen museum line as a part of special services to Bovenkerk, due to increased demand of visitors to the church at Bovenkerk.
My task was to deliver the prototype of SG2/1 on the museum line in Hagenigen and make regular runs between Megamall and Bovenkerk. I gotta say, it really impressed the locals of Hagenigen. Some people, who traveled by Simvliet metro were also surprised, the SG2/1 prototype makes low pitched "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" noise when accelerating, instead of the high pitched "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise emitted by reconstructed SG2/1 trains used in Simvliet metro network. One person even asked me, why is the SG2/1 prototype sounding completely different, than the other SG2/1 units. I replied to him, that this is a prototype of SG2/1 metro train in the OG appearance from the 90's, when SG2/1 was first introduced in Netherlands.
This picture was taken during 2nd round after disembarking passengers at Megamall disembarking platform and shunting to the Megamal embarking platform.

Some FAQ about this:

1st:
Q: What route did you took to reach Megamall?
A: I went through the Hageningen Centraal, through the Leuvenlaan to Megamall. At Megamall I shunted a bit on a way to Koningsplein, then reversed back to Megamall disembarking platform and lastly, I shunted to Megamall embarking platform.

2nd:
Q: How did passengers get inside the train?
A: Some people were able to climb in by themselves, but I had a small foldable stepladder in the cabin (not visible on picture, because I used it to get someone up and left it lying on the cabin's floor), so if someone had a trouble to get in, I went out with a stepladder, unfolded it, placed it near the door and told the person to get in. I also asked the person, where he/she wants to get off, so I can come out with the stepladder, when I arrived at the station, where the said person wanted to get off. Unfortunately, in case of person on the wheelchair, I had no way to get him/her inside the train. Luckilly the Hagenigen transport company tought about this and deployed a historic version of RET ZGT, where the driver was equipped with a foldable ramp, allowing person on the wheelchair to get in easily.

3rd:
Q: Did you get yourself in some kind of trouble? Either during a way to Megamall or during the service on the line?
A: Well... on the way to Megamall at Stockviskade, the police car turned right on the intersection near Stockviskade and went behind me untill I reached Delfplein. TBH I was a bit nervous when the police car was behind me, because I had no clue, if the police officers don't try to pull me over to ask, what is this, but they didn't do anything and went behind me, like nothing happened. Although I rather enabled hazard lights (you can't do that in the Sim, but IRL, I believe they're working), when I went through the tight curves at some points on the way and I didn't brake sharply, so the police officers had the time to react on my speed change (the brake lights were working normally). During runs on the museum line, nothing unusual happened. Although sometimes I had to wait at the loop point between Schapenweg and Damlaan, before the RET ZGT passed next to me.

4th:
Q: Did you have any special orders?
A: Yes I did. I was instructed not to set the controller above 0.65 during my way to Megamall on Hagenigen tram network and during runs on the museum line, when I was accelerating from standstill or when I was below 30 km/h (18 mph). This was meant to prevent the overload protection in the traction power supply station from tripping. Also the fact SG2/1 took 600 V DC without major issues is also impressive. The only issues SG2/1 had, when connected to 600V DC, were a poor acceleration at high speeds and air compressor struggling a bit when it kicked in.

5th:
Q: Why is there a "Gereserveed" text on the destination board?
A: That means "Reserved" and it was meant to be like that, because this was a special ride on a Hagenigen museum line.

6th:
Q: SG2/1 has 3rd rail shoes, did somebody tried to touch them?
A: As you can see on the picture, these 3rd rail shoes are lowered down, which means, they're completely disabled. If somebody touched them, nothing will happen. Also they were lowered down in order, to prevent them to hit something and to prevent people from misusing the 3rd rail shoes as a helping steps to get inside.

Notes: In Metrosim it doesn't matter if you set controller to maximum, but IRL, this would trip the overload protection in the traction power supply station. Let's be honest. Ain't SG2/1 really power hungry?
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

On the evening of Tuesday 2nd January 2024, RanstadRail RSG3 EMU departs Zeerwijk on a Strandboulevard to Simvliet Centraal Line D working.
On the evening of Tuesday 2nd January 2024, RanstadRail RSG3 EMU departs Zeerwijk on a Strandboulevard to Simvliet Centraal Line D working.
20240102211515.jpg (225.81 KiB) Viewed 10466 times
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

DB Cargo TRAXX takes charge of southbound freight as it passes Delfsblaak station shortly before midnight on Sunday 21st January 2024.
DB Cargo TRAXX takes charge of southbound freight as it passes Delfsblaak station shortly before midnight on Sunday 21st January 2024.
20240121225745.jpg (478.18 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Meanwhile at an undisclosed location, the extended MG2+ and SG2+ units are making their rounds 8-)
Attachments
UndisclosedLocation.jpg
UndisclosedLocation.jpg (92.17 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Michiel wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 21:31 Meanwhile at an undisclosed location, the extended MG2+ and SG2+ units are making their rounds 8-)
Looks like another mega multiverse.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

20240203224606_1.jpg
20240203224606_1.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
20240203224108_1.jpg
20240203224108_1.jpg (20.38 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
20240203223824_1.jpg
20240203223824_1.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
a few pictures from the hybrid tram line 10

This Tram connects the little town Simtra with the not electrified suburbs.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Simtra Municipal Tramway Cars 1 and 11 has just pulled out of Avenida de Lisboa tram stop on Sunday 4th February 2024 as the tram service makes its way towards Estacion de Tren.
Simtra Municipal Tramway Cars 1 and 11 has just pulled out of Avenida de Lisboa tram stop on Sunday 4th February 2024 as the tram service makes its way towards Estacion de Tren.
20240204165229.jpg (468.17 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

AlistairCowell wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 18:30
I think it would be great to have an additional track connection for the hybrid tram in a future update so that you don't have to change the direction of travel four times. :)
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 20:04
AlistairCowell wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 18:30
I think it would be great to have an additional track connection for the hybrid tram in a future update so that you don't have to change the direction of travel four times. :)
Um, not quite. But its up to whoever made it.