HTM GTL8 tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TreinspotterDeamyen

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

This randomly makes me want to capture the GTL 8 on camera (I am a Train, Tram, Bus, Waterbus (Dordrecht), Metro & Plane spotter)
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
brozma

Post by brozma »

TreinspotterDeamyen wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 03:33 This randomly makes me want to capture the GTL 8 on camera (I am a Train, Tram, Bus, Waterbus (Dordrecht), Metro & Plane spotter)
Well then go ahead! I won't hesitate, if I were you. If I remember it correctly, Sjoerd mentioned, there are few last functioning GTL8 trams IRL and the Hague transport company wants to retire them.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The remaining GTL trams will be replaced by TINA trams in 2026, so they have a few more years to go before retirement.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Nextor162 wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 03:10
Sjoerd wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 22:00 Perhaps... ;)

(no interior yet)
Wauw :D
Now that's an usual tram, does that a tram restaurant that serves food? If so, find a siding or
a terminus to park, otherwise you would be blocking other revenue-earning tram services :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

AlistairCowell wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 12:30 ...does that a tram restaurant that serves food? If so, find a siding or
a terminus to park, otherwise you would be blocking other revenue-earning tram services :lol:
It does. Here is their (English) website: https://www.hoftrammm.nl/en

And it is only stationary for a short time (15 minutes), to let the passengers board (it's on reservations only, you can't just show up). Usually at the terminus Voorburg Station, at the end of a small branchline with no current service. As soon as everybody is on board, the tram departs, and you get dinner during a 2,5 hour tour around the city. At the end, you are dropped of where you started.

Here is a video of the tram, with people eating on board: https://youtu.be/JKwm3G1Jj84?si=9BANJvhZBCYau1Yb
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:36 It does. Here is their (English) website: https://www.hoftrammm.nl/en

And it is only stationary for a short time (15 minutes), to let the passengers board (it's on reservations only, you can't just show up). Usually at the terminus Voorburg Station, at the end of a small branchline with no current service. As soon as everybody is on board, the tram departs, and you get dinner during a 2,5 hour tour around the city. At the end, you are dropped of where you started.
Cool. Wait.... What's Hoftrammm?
Last edited by NJTFAN1235! on 20 Mar 2024, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 01:32 Cool. But what's Hoftrammm?
Hoftrammm

Three elements here...

"Hofstad" ->
wikipedia wrote:Hofstad (residentie), ook residentie, de stad waar de regerend vorst van een land woont
The city where the reigning monarch of a country lives. Which is The Hague.

Tram
This seems obvious...

mmm
As in "hmmm... that tastes good" :D (It is a driving restaurant after all)

Update on the project: I have enquired for some information on the interior of the Hoftrammm... Waiting for a reply now...
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 10:22
Hoftrammm

Three elements here...

"Hofstad" ->
wikipedia wrote:Hofstad (residentie), ook residentie, de stad waar de regerend vorst van een land woont
The city where the reigning monarch of a country lives. Which is The Hague.

Tram
This seems obvious...

mmm
As in "hmmm... that tastes good" :D (It is a driving restaurant after all)

Update on the project: I have enquired for some information on the interior of the Hoftrammm... Waiting for a reply now...
So it's a Hofstad food tram? Why would they do that, even though there are food places, U.S.A has restaurants. I am trying to learn about Europe's uniqueness.
Last edited by NJTFAN1235! on 16 Mar 2024, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
brozma

Post by brozma »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 15:12 So it's a Hofstad food tram? Why would they do that, even though there are food places, our U.S has restaurants.
Because it's not usual to have a restaurant tram in your city. Also that restaurant tram can be a good tourist attraction. It's not unusual, that transport companies uses some of it's vehicles as a tourist attractions. The Prague has these tram-related tourist attractions as well. These are:

1st: Retro tram lines 23, 41 and 42.
2nd: A Lubricating tram, which drives around the Prague tram network. Although this tram is a service tram. It's considered a tourist attraction because of it's design, purpose and due to being unique in the Czechia (and possibly in the Europe).
3rd: The ability to rent a historic/modified trams for a private ride around the Prague. The trams, you can rent, are:
A: The Ringhoffer tram - either motor car itself, or a pair motorcar - trailercar.
B: Tatra T1 - The 2nd prototype[1] of Tatra T1 with bort number 5002, made in the early 50's.
C: Tatra T2 - The 2 prototypes[2] of Tatra T2, both made in late 50's.
D: Tatra T3 - The prototype of Tatra T3 (also called "The prototype of a legend")[3] with bort number 6102, made in the early 60's.
E: Tatra T3 "Little Moon" ("Měsíček" in Czech) - A Tatra T3 tramcar modified for sightseeing in a child-friendly livery, primarily used for sightseeing
rides for children.
F: Tatra T4 "Sunny" ("Sluníčko" in Czech) - The prototype of Tatra T4 with bort number 5500, modified for sightseeing also in a child-friendly livery, and also primarily used for sightseeing rides for children.
G: Tatra T3 Coupé - A heavilly modified Tatra T3 tramcar with panoramatic windows on the roof, also used for sightseeing. This one is quite new, it was made in mid 2018.

Notes:
There was an ability to rent a Tatra K2 for private ride, but AFAIK, this tram is temporarily out of order and it's being repaired.
There's also a Ringhoffer tram in motorcar - trailercar pair configuration in Wenceslas square, which serves as a café, but unlike Hoftrammm, this Ringoffer pair is completely stationary and completely separated from tram network.

Footnotes:
1 - The 1st prototype of Tatra T1 with bort number 5001 is being exhibited in Prague transport company museum in Střešovice depot. Unlike the 2nd prototype, the 1st prototype is completely inoperable and it's also equipped with trolley pole for historical reasons, making it unsuitable to run on catenary without wire-frogs (the 2nd prototype was modified and equipped with panto to make it compatible with the catenary).
2 - The prototypes of Tatra T2 can be distinguished by their front masks. The 1st prototype with bort number 6003 has a mask resembling a PCC tram, although there's a chrome plated ornament around the front headlight. The 2nd prototype with bort number 6004 has a mask resembling a Tatra T3, although the mask of the 2nd prototype seems to be bulkier than the Tatra T3's mask.
3 - The prototype of Tatra T3 got this nickname around the early 80's when the Tatra T3 tram was widely spread around the Eastern European block incl. Soviet Russia.
Last edited by brozma on 26 Mar 2024, 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

brozma wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 19:50 1st: Retro tram lines 23, 41 and 42.
Retro tram lines? Why are they named "retro" even though they are tram lines of such? Trams are common. Im not a European person... I need more info to complete this.