HTM GTL8 tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Muck_Hd

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by Muck_Hd »

I'm sorry to say it, but you can't. Only developers can do it.
How come that only Developers can do it lol. Do they have some special editing software we dont have or what? I mean, somewhere the files gotta be stored.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's the step of creating the 000-database file for the public simulator version which packs it all away, just keeping some specific texture files out to make them editable.
In the developper version, it is a large collection of files and folders.

Note; for those who have not seen the last page in this discussion yet; the GTL8 can be downloaded now.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

11G: Yaaay! Sjeord finally bought my friends into Metro Simulator Beta.
12G: Woohoo. Not pleased. This is not fair. I wanna be the only one. Not that annoying crappy tram.
Brozma: Hey! 12G, give respect to them, they just got here on their first day! If you don't like it, we can simply ship you back to the original home. :roll:
11G: Give respect elder.
GTL8: This is a beautiful place here. Thanks for ordering us from The Hague. We never went to another place.
Sjeord: We are glad you came here today. So to cele--- (Looks at the Taste tram.) What is that?
GTL8: Oh, its our Hoftrammm. We bought it along with us. Why? Cuz I can. :D
Sjeord: Nice. Anyways, since you all are here. We shall get set with your first assignments. Follow me GTL8.
GTL8: Okay!
At Noord...
TFS: Oh look! Its GTL8! You made it!
GTL8: So this is what the TFS tram looks like?
Sjeord: Yup. Here's the Noord station up there.
A RSG3 on Line D arrives.
GTL8: This is kinda cool. But, isn't Simvliet over there?
Michiel: Yes GTL8, we are here, in Hageningen.
GTL8: How does one reach Simvliet?
Michiel: Glad you asked GTL8, follow me.
(Hageningen Centraal)
GTL8: You guys have a core station!?
Michiel: Yes GTL8, this is our core home. This station has many things one needs to do. Sprinters, Intercities, Sneltreins, Metro, Tram, Light Rail, this station is the right place.
GTL8: Kinda reminds me of the Den Haag Centraal railway station. Is this based on it?
Michiel: No, that's not it. This is based on Den Haag HS.
Last edited by NJTFAN1235! on 05 Apr 2024, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

What am I reading? Why the roleplay? Why do you make me suffer?
What am I reading? Why the roleplay? Why do you make me suffer?
nanachi-cringe-face-v0-psuowei3vkna1.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Hageningen Centraal is not based on Den Haag Centraal; it is based on station Den Haag HS (Hollands Spoor). The second largest station in The Hague.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nextor162

Post by Nextor162 »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 17:50 11G: Yaaay! Sjeord finally bought my friends into Metro Simulator Beta.
12G: Woohoo. Not pleased. This is not fair. I wanna be the only one. Not that annoying crappy tram.
Brozma: Hey! 12G, give respect to them, they just got here on their first day! If you don't like it, we can simply ship you back to the original home. :roll:
11G: Give respect elder.
GTL8: This is a beautiful place here. Thanks for ordering us from The Hague. We never went to another place.
Sjeord: We are glad you came here today. So to cele--- (Looks at the Taste tram.) What is that?
GTL8: Oh, its our Hoftrammm. We bought it along with us. Why? Cuz I can. :D
Sjeord: Nice. Anyways, since you all are here. We shall get set with your first assignments. Follow me GTL8.
GTL8: Okay!
At Noord...
TFS: Oh look! Its GTL8! You made it!
GTL8: So this is what the TFS tram looks like?
Sjeord: Yup. Here's the Noord station up there.
A RSG3 on Line D arrives.
GTL8: This is kinda cool. But, isn't Simvliet over there?
Michiel: Yes GTL8, we are here, in Hageningen.
GTL8: How does one reach Simvliet?
Michiel: Glad you asked GTL8, follow me.
(Hageningen Centraal)
GTL8: You guys have a core station!?
Michiel: Yes GTL8, this is our core home. This station has many things one needs to do. Sprinters, Intercities, Sneltreins, Metro, Tram, Light Rail, this station is the right place.
GTL8: Kinda reminds me of the Den Haag Centraal railway station. Is this based on it?
Michiel: No, that's not it. This is based on Den Haag HS.
Pffff :roll:
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

brozma wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 17:04 Ah. They're finally out. I already did some test runs and they run really well. It also surprised me, how GTL sounds like when it's standing still with it's panto lifted up. It makes a steady high pitched beeping noise, which sounds exactly like a Tatra T6A5 when it's standing completely still. You can listen for that sound here (just wait for the moment, when the tram stands still). When the tram is running it sound like a running water turbine. Especially at high speeds. Ironically, the 2011 and 2015 variant has the same door type as a Tatra T6A5, the doors push themselves outwards and slides to the side of the tram, when they're opening and vice versa, when they're closing.
Also when I was testing the Hoftrammm, I noticed, that the 2nd door on the front part doesn't open. At first, I found it odd and thought it's a glitch/oversight, but when I looked inside the Hoftrammm, I realized why is that. It's because, there's a table next to the door, so the door was obviously disabled, because, it's not supposed to open (altleast in normal circumstances, I believe, it can be opened in emergency situations).
And that motorized trailer car, that's something original. At least I don't have to couple two GTL trams into pair when I am driving in Rijndam.
This is how the GTL8 trams sound like in real life

www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DlMTx0H4M&t