NS DDM1

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

RotterdamMetroLover

Re: NS DDM1

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

DubbelDeksAggloRegiomaterieel which means Double Decker AggloRegio train. AggloRegio was gonna replace the stopping train name back in the 90's but it didn't happen.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Okay, Let's do the mDDM motorcars too, which replaced the locomotives on 50 DD-AR trainsets.

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

NS DDZ 😜
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
Isaacp14

Post by Isaacp14 »

Nice train that DDM and DDAR to add in metro simulator. Do they come with a Unit or also separately that you can do DDAR + ICR or ICF? Can you also repaint them later or not?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I do not plan a repaintable version at the moment. But I am thinking of creating a full trainset of the DD-AR version to make it easier to place a full train in the simulation for most users. You will however also get the carriages seperate, so you can make your own consists if you want. Have fun recreating this for example.... https://www.nicospilt.com/2003/20030722z.JPG :lol:
Isaacp14

Post by Isaacp14 »

Will there be a DDZ variant or not?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Isaacp14 wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 13:17 Will there be a DDZ variant or not?
Not decided yet. Concentrating on getting the DDM1 and DD-AR ready as soon as possible.

DD-AR trainset at Simvliet Centraal:
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 22:56 I do not plan a repaintable version at the moment. But I am thinking of creating a full trainset of the DD-AR version to make it easier to place a full train in the simulation for most users. You will however also get the carriages seperate, so you can make your own consists if you want. Have fun recreating this for example.... https://www.nicospilt.com/2003/20030722z.JPG :lol:
What the...?! EMU's propulsing part hauling a freight train? :shock: That looks both crazy and ridiculous. What kind of lunatic would came up with this?!
Sjoerd wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 18:18 DD-AR trainset at Simvliet Centraal:
TBH, this strongly reminds me of the ČD class 471 (City Elephant) EMU. But with extra middle segment (ČD class 471 has 3 segments) and with differents couplers

Here's the ČD class 471 for comparison:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 23:05 What the...?! EMU's propulsing part hauling a freight train? :shock: That looks both crazy and ridiculous. What kind of lunatic would came up with this?!
My first thought was it might be a good photoshop... But looking at it, I'm not sure about it.

How about this one: https://www.spoorforum.nl/spoorforum/ph ... 728#p53728

Translation of the text:
MDDm railcar

Such an MDDm railcar turned out to be an excellent shunting locomotive on the workshop site in the winter of 2005 when the permanent shunting locomotive failed. Of course there had to be two of you because it was a bit difficult to drive backwards, but it went well, and importantly, you were nice and warm and comfortable.
Of course you couldn't move everything with it, but railcars with screwcouplers worked fine.

In those days you could still improvise nicely :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

brozma wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 23:05What the...?! EMU's propulsing part hauling a freight train? :shock: That looks both crazy and ridiculous. What kind of lunatic would came up with this?!
Maybe the freight train was broken down and this was the nearest 'locomotive' that could pull it away to clear the tracks?