HTM Regiocitadis

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Leipzig_LP

Re: HTM Regiocitadis

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 20:11 Anyway... dual mode isn't an option in the simulator. I tried it with the KTM Citylink, but couldn't get it to work. I can put a diesel motor in there and a functional pantograph, but them it won't drive if the diesel motor isn't engaged, even if the pantograph is up.
At least you tried. Perhaps one day the game engine will be so advanced that he can implement both systems in one, and then there will be hybrid trams 😄
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 20:11 Anyway... dual mode isn't an option in the simulator. I tried it with the KTM Citylink, but couldn't get it to work. I can put a diesel motor in there and a functional pantograph, but them it won't drive if the diesel motor isn't engaged, even if the pantograph is up.
Well I have a good news for you. I recently did some tests with FGV KTM Citylink on Simtra map, and I can confirm, the dual mode is working. When I was driving with FGV KTM Citylink on the tram network, I had the diesel engine stopped and panto lifted up and the tram was running completely fine. When I left the tram network at Estacion de Tren, started the engine and dropped panto down, it worked without issues. And when I later returned from train line to tram network, stopped the engine and lifted panto up, the tram was completely okay and able to run on overhead wires.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That's indeed good news! I just tried it and you're right! :D
I remember it didn't work, even when it should (and the solution was to just keep the diesel engine on, perhaps without the diesel sound).
But we are a few simulator versions further now, so if I indeed remember correctly that it didn't work at first, at least it functions now (I had kept the coding for it in there). And that is a pleasant surprise right now which I really like. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 19:52 That's indeed good news! I just tried it and you're right! :D
I remember it didn't work, even when it should (and the solution was to just keep the diesel engine on, perhaps without the diesel sound).
But we are a few simulator versions further now, so if I indeed remember correctly that it didn't work at first, at least it functions now (I had kept the coding for it in there). And that is a pleasant surprise right now which I really like. :D
Yeah. Glad I helped. ;) Try to implement the dual power onto some Regiocitadis trams, since RotterdamMetroLover said, that some Regiocitadis tram (I think, he said RBK trams) have a dual power.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Working on putting some functionality into the cabview. ;)
Attachments
Regiocitadis_09.jpg
Regiocitadis_09.jpg (85.35 KiB) Viewed 55403 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 21:53 Working on putting some functionality into the cabview. ;)
nice, can you help me real quick
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 21:53 Working on putting some functionality into the cabview. ;)
it looks like very good

I'm very proud of you Sjoerd 😄
brozma

Post by brozma »

Looks good so far.

As for the reminder. Do you remember, how RotterdamMetroLover mentioned in the message below (I bolded it out for clarity), there is a dual mode version of the Regiocitadis trams? Maybe you could make that version as well, since the dual mode is working without issues in Metrosim. If you wonder, where those dual-powered Regiocitadis trams could be used, they could be used on Rijndam T4 tram line between Centraal station and Wkc de Bogard. I know there are APS power rails in that section, but dual-powered Regiocitadis could be used there nonetheless.
RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 18:30 It basically means that trams 4026 - 4054 can only run as solo trams. The Kassel variant of the trams I only saw the dual electric version (RBK 701 - 718) coupled to each other, whilst the dual mode (electric + diesel) version (RBK 751 - 760) I only saw them running solo, so I don't think they have a coupler.
Last edited by brozma on 10 Oct 2023, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Speaking of dual mode, I happen to be driving to Kassel tomorrow and watching the spectacle as they switch from diesel to tram power 😃
Last edited by Leipzig_LP on 10 Oct 2023, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 09 Oct 2023, 20:17 Wenn ich vom Dual-Modus spreche, fahre ich morgen zufällig nach Kassel und beobachte das Spektakel, wenn sie von Diesel auf Straßenbahnleistung 😃 umsteigen
Google translate wrote: Speaking of dual mode, I happen to be driving to Kassel tomorrow and watching the spectacle as they switch from diesel to tram power 😃

(Google translate) Ummm... Ich glaube, Du hast es vergessen, dies ist ein englisches Forum. Aber keine bösen Gefühle. Es kommt manchmal vor, dass man etwas vergisst.

@ everyone: this is what I wrote to Leipzig_LP above: "Ummm... I think you forgot, this is an English forum. No hard feelings tho'. It happens sometimes, that you forget about something." I guess he forgot, this is an English forum and switched to his native language (German). Don't judge him for that. Honestly, that happened to me as well in the past, that I accidentally switched from English to Czech at inapropriate time and realized it, when it was too late.