HTM Regiocitadis

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: HTM Regiocitadis

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 13:56 Currently we are looking into some new functions for the simulator, which this tram will be using. So it is on hold for the moment while these modifications are being researched.

Specifically interesting for this tram; with earlier vehicles with a normally hidden coupler, I made it in a way that when you couple, the coupler is opened/extended as you make the connection. Example on the K4500: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/File:K4500_Koppeling.jpg
Now, the aim is to program the simulator in a way where you need to manually extend the coupler first (which can be animated. The animation for it is already there; see my last Youtube video), as a requirement to be able to couple two vehicles together. And ofcourse have it already been done automatically if you spawn the vehicles already coupled together.
That sounds interesting. And it would also more realistic, than if the couplers would just magically appear/extend, when the trams are coupled together. Also K4500 isn't the only tram in the Sim with it's couplers being hidden behind the both front and rear bumpers. The KTM trams, HTM Avenio, Toronto Flexity Outlook, TFS trams, and Citadis trams have their couplers hidden behind their bumpers as well. Amsterdam 11G/12G and RET ZGT trams seems to have their couplers hidden below their bumpers (you can actually see an empty space below the bumpers on both of these trams, and on Amsterdam 11G/12G, you can see, that the empty space was made by cutting the front and rear mudguards short).

And If you wanna examples of the IRL trams with their couplers hidden behind their bumpers, in Prague, the Skoda 14T and Skoda 15T trams have a rod couplers, which are hidden behind their bumpers. If one of these trams malfunction and have to be towed to depot for fixing, the bumper is taken off entirely and the coupler is pulled out.

And what about the other Prague trams?

Tatra T3: Both versions of this tram (original and modernized) has it's rod couplers permamently exposed outwards. On modernized version of Tatra T3 those couplers were preserved like this due to fact, there's no free space on the trams chassis, where the coupler could be hidden, and a rod coupler with a joint (like on Alstom Be 8/8 TL) was out of play as well, because the joint could snap in half, if the tram hits a car on the intersection.

Tatra T6A5: These trams have a Sechéron auto-couplers, which function the same way as Sharfenberg couplers, with the ability to transfer the power from the front tram to the rear tram. That explains, if you looked at the picture of the pair of the Prague Tatra T6A5 trams, why the rear tram, has it's panto dropped down. Like with Tatra T3's rod couplers, these Sechéron couplers are also permamently exposed outwards. Although in later years, these Sechéron couplers were replaced with rod couplers on some tram cars. IDK why tho'.

Tatra KT8D5 (and Tatra KT8D5R.N2P): Like with Tatra T3, these trams also has rod couplers permanently exposed outwards. Altough during reconstruction of Tatra KT8D5 to Tatra KT8D5R.N2P, a mudguard has been added below the bumpers, which protects the inner empty space and the attaching mechanism on the "root" of the rod coupler from flying debris, or from the impact, if a tram hits a car on the intersection.
Sjoerd wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 13:56 This might take some time... Meanwhile, I'll just continue on the SLT train.
Something tells me, the HTM Regiocitadis and SLT train will be released together in the future.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
GwnLars_

Post by GwnLars_ »

Looks fantastic as always Sjoerd :)
Is this model fitted with the characteristic motor sounds?
(If not, any way to add them by ourselves? Couldn't find the option yet in the system files of other models.)
Jippiejippiejajajippiejippiejee
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

The sim doesn't have realistic motor sounds unfortunately. It's a a limitation of how the sounds themselves work.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Several platforms in Hageningen have been extended to fit the RegioCitadis, Hageningen Noord also received a third platform because the old exit-only platform could not be extended any futher.
Attachments
HGNT.jpg
HGNT.jpg (104.23 KiB) Viewed 55976 times
122firegamer

Post by 122firegamer »

Sounds like a Simvliet Update...
Nice Work
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The Regiocitadis can now be used in the latest version of the simulator: viewtopic.php?p=35918#p35918

Note: to couple two vehicles together, you need to open the coupler first, from both vehicles.
Open the coupler: Ctrl+shift+O
Close the coupler: O
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HKM362

Post by HKM362 »

what are the codes for activity's for put the randstadrail citadis in the act ?
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 19:00 The Regiocitadis can now be used in the latest version of the simulator: viewtopic.php?p=35918#p35918

Note: to couple two vehicles together, you need to open the coupler first, from both vehicles.
Open the coupler: Ctrl+shift+O
Close the coupler: O
Are the wiki pages still coming? 😅
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

HKM362 wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 00:54 what are the codes for activity's for put the randstadrail citadis in the act ?
<train pack="TramNL" file="HTM_Regiocitadis.xml"/>

<train pack="TramNL" file="HTM_Regiocitadis_RNET.xml"/>

<train pack="TramNL" file="KVG_Regiocitadis.xml"/> (Kassel version with diesel option)
Leipzig_LP wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 11:11 Are the wiki pages still coming? 😅
Indeed, I haven't done those yet. It will come.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Hi,
I have to report that the RegioCadis Kassel and HTM is black (no colours),
the same cannot be said for both Repaintable ZGT trams.