Beta 3.18

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

CarrisTram

Re: Beta 3.18

Post by CarrisTram »

One question, isn’t there any timetables for hageningen museumtram line 18, It is because i enccounter some bugs on the tram line
Last edited by CarrisTram on 01 Oct 2023, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Nicolas wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 01:47Upon approaching Aldgate with a Purple line fast train I spadded a red signal because there was no yellow signal before it.
Then you need to be more careful in your approach. Not all signals have repeaters, as you can see here green can be followed by red:
https://youtu.be/x14X3xm7Ax4?t=1153
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Michiel wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 19:18
Nicolas wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 01:47Upon approaching Aldgate with a Purple line fast train I spadded a red signal because there was no yellow signal before it.
Then you need to be more careful in your approach. Not all signals have repeaters, as you can see here green can be followed by red:
https://youtu.be/x14X3xm7Ax4?t=1153
In that video you post both signals can be seen at the same time because of the straight track, in the game I couldn't react in time to the red signal because it was on a curved section of tunnel and I was still going at line speed. Although I guess this is me not having quite the route knowledge yet.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Yeah, I agree it's poorly sighted, specially if you are overtaking another train. My point was only about that in this signalling system, there isn't always a yellow signal before a red one. In this case I left it out as you would probably be reducing speed already because of the points ahead, but perhaps for the fast tracks a repeater would have been better here. But when watching some route learning videos I noticed that sometimes they would ismply mention that a signal is poorly sighted and multi-SPADed as part of the route knowledge rather than improve the situation so I figured I must at least leave some poorly constructed situations in this route as well to make it realistic :lol:
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Michiel wrote: 01 Oct 2023, 12:39 Yeah, I agree it's poorly sighted, specially if you are overtaking another train. My point was only about that in this signalling system, there isn't always a yellow signal before a red one. In this case I left it out as you would probably be reducing speed already because of the points ahead, but perhaps for the fast tracks a repeater would have been better here. But when watching some route learning videos I noticed that sometimes they would ismply mention that a signal is poorly sighted and multi-SPADed as part of the route knowledge rather than improve the situation so I figured I must at least leave some poorly constructed situations in this route as well to make it realistic :lol:
Yeah I can tell, some station departure signals are placed out of sight if you stop at the correct place and you need to use free cam for a bit to see the signal.

I wanted to ask something else about City of Thames, the Highstreet Market station. Is this station considered finished? Looks quite dark compared to the rest of the underground stations, and AFAIK it's the only station with no stopping markers at all. This has been the case since the first version of the map, and it hasn't changed on this new version so I wonder.
66117c9e4a45015bff62f9308230a7d9.jpg
66117c9e4a45015bff62f9308230a7d9.jpg (128.78 KiB) Viewed 13145 times
Retdamian17

Post by Retdamian17 »

Hey question, why isn't Rotterdam 1982 out on beta 3.18 but I thought so
CarrisTram

Post by CarrisTram »

Is still in developlment the Rotterdam update, is going to be an add on on the simulator. Normally creating a real life metro/Tram/Train network it is hard, you need to pay attention and implement a lot of small details,so it takes time for the final outcome to be as realistic as possible. Dont worry, once it is done, they will announce it
Retdamian17

Post by Retdamian17 »

CarrisTram wrote: 01 Oct 2023, 19:48 Is still in developlment the Rotterdam update, is going to be an add on on the simulator. Normally creating a real life metro/Tram/Train network it is hard, you need to pay attention and implement a lot of small details,so it takes time for the final outcome to be as realistic as possible. Dont worry, once it is done, they will announce it
Okay thanks
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Don't forget to pin this topic, replacing the 3.17 topic
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
london_365

Post by london_365 »

Hi can somebody help me sort this issue where i try to open the game but everytime i do it automatically closes despite having a windows 10 laptop how do i resolve this issue considering i have tried troubleshooting too and delete/reinstalling the game