Beta 3.18

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

NJTFAN1235!

Re: Beta 3.18

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

TS_Trainspotter wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 19:41 What I'm trying to create by myself is a timetable but going through every single service of the purple line is nearly impossible, that's why I asked the devs if they could share their version which is already done
hmmm, try using the xml routes
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

TS_Trainspotter wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 23:13 with the amount of trains and branches purple line has it's quite difficult to understand the pattern by reading the xml timetable files
As I already said, putting the services in the correct order would be difficult if I only have the xml files, since the city loop does vary times between stations on the clockwise and counter-clockwise runs
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

is it possible to turn on the tunnel light in city of thames
koeleboe

Post by koeleboe »

TS_Trainspotter wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 19:41 What I'm trying to create by myself is a timetable but going through every single service of the purple line is nearly impossible, that's why I asked the devs if they could share their version which is already done
Chatgpt could be usefull ;-)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Oh my god! And I was staring to think, Beta 3.18 ended up like Half-Life 3, but I was wrong the whole time. I am already downloading a new version and I can't wait to download Lausanne as well. Let's just hope I can line up on the platform doors correctly, so they'll open, when I open the doors myself. Trust me, I already had a lot of problems to align with the platform doors on the line 14 in Paris Metro Simulator, which was so frustrating to me, that I stopped playing line 14 in that sim entirely and I never want to play it again.

And I am really surprised about the Hagenigen museum line, although it uses a ROZ system, it's fully visible in CVL and it can be operated from there. It also has it's own stabling point, so if you wanna use the museum line and wanna start from the depot, you don't have to spawn your historical tram in Hagenigen main tram depot and drive all the way to Megamall in order to use the museum line.

Fact: Do you know there are 4 museum lines in Prague as well? Although in Prague, these lines are marked as the line 23, 41 and 42 (museum lines for trams) and as the line K (museum line for buses).

Museum line 23 is a tram line leading from Královka park, running nearby the Prague castle, ending in Zvonařka street near I. P. Pavlov square and returning back by the same route to Královka park. This line operates as a regular line and the usual ticket fare is valid on it. The only difference between line 23 and other tram lines, is rolling stock used on it. The entire line 23 is operated by historic trams usually stabled at Střešovice tram depot (there's a small stabling shed next to the museum of the Prague transport company exhibition hall, which is used to store functioning historic trams). These historic trams can be usually seen on the line 23:

1st: Original version of Tatra T3. Either running by itself or in a pair
2nd: One Tatra T2. This vehicle was formelly used in reconstructed version, on interurban tram expressway between cities Liberec and Jablonec nad Nisou. So for the purposes of the line 23, the Prague transport company rebought this vehicle from Liberec transport company and remodeled it into it's original design + refitted it from metric gauge (1000 mm) to standart gauge (1435 mm).
3rd: One Tatra T6A5. This vehicle was actually "spared" from being sold to another transport company, or from being scrapped, and it's primarilly used on the line 23.

Museum lines 41 and 42 are special tram lines, which operates only during estabilished period of time (line 41 operates regularly, from march to november, line 42 operates the entire year during weekends and national holidays). Unlike line 23, regular ticket fare isn't valid on them, and a separated ticket has to be bought in order to use the line. These lines are primarilly operated by Ringhoffer trams, although the 2nd prototype of the Tatra T1 is used on the line 42 as well.

Museum line K is a special bus line operating during weekends and national holidays. This bus line got it's letter from the 1st letter of the manufacturer, who made the buses used previously on the Prague bus network (Karosa). Like tram lines 41 and 42, regular ticket fare isn't valid on the line K either, and the separate ticket has to be bought in order to use the line. The line K is primarilly operated by various models of Karosa buses, which weren't scrapped, sold to private users, or didn't caught fire (Karosa buses sometimes suffered from engine fires, which either destroyed the entire bus, or in better case scenario, only destroyed the engine).
Last edited by brozma on 27 Sep 2023, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

If you are having a hard time, you can always press "C" and let the computer stop the train at the right position. Luckily in this simulator, you are not looking from the side of the train, but you are actually inside looking out...
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Laurentz von Ungarn

Post by Laurentz von Ungarn »

I found three bothering problems in COT:
Once, I still have the door problem at Eastminster track 3 (only there) with the S8. Selective door-opening isn't working here.
Twice, a stop sign at Blueford East is in a wrong place, it's excatly in the way of the other track (eastern end of the station).
Thirdly, stations' name and line chart signs are missing at some station along the Blue and Purple lines.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Nr.1 You didn't stop on the right position and that's why it isn't working.
Nr.2 Some stations are like that even in real life.
Nr.3 Some signs at some stations are indeed missing and can't be fixed otherwise it will run out of memory.
brozma

Post by brozma »

So I was testing the new tramlink lines in City of Thames (they're both marked on the map as a lime-green striped lines), but I am not 100% sure about one thing. On 2nd tramlink line, there's small station between Charles Park and Clockway, the said station's platform on the metro line next to a tramlink line looks disused, but on the tramlink side, the platform looks functional. The station itself isn't shown in the CVL nor on the updated map of the City of Thames. So I have these questions:

1st: What's that station's name?
2nd: Is that station completely disused, or is it a "station on request"?

Note: Untill someone doesn't answer me, I'll treat that "unnamed station" like this:
When I am driving on a purple metro line, I skip that station entirely, since the platform on that side looks disused.
When I am driving on tramlink line, I stop in that station occasionally. That way I simulate the station on request. That means a type of station, where vehicles only stop, if someone gives a request to stop in the said station, or if the driver spots someone on the station's platform, otherwise it's skipped.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Upon approaching Aldgate with a Purple line fast train I spadded a red signal because there was no yellow signal before it. Activity is "Morning 627 Aldgate fast".