Beta 3.18

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Beta 3.18

Post by Sjoerd »

london_365 wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 19:13 Hi can somebody help me sort this issue where i try to open the game but everytime i do it automatically closes despite having a windows 10 laptop how do i resolve this issue considering i have tried troubleshooting too and delete/reinstalling the game
Try installing the lastest version of DirectX.
https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/downloa ... aspx?id=35
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
london_365

Post by london_365 »

Thank you for helping me install it but now im facing issues with lag as i dont really experience it on any other apps i have. Is there any way that i could get rid of the lag?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Go to your Windows settings, and find "Graphics settings" (for Dutch users; "Grafische Instellingen").
At "custom options for apps", add the file "Simulator.exe" of your Metrosimulator installation. It is added to the list below it. Now click on "options" next to it. A new window opens, and you select "high performance" (default setting is "let windows decide"), and click OK.
london_365

Post by london_365 »

how do we import the 1992 stock into the games activity instead of the 1996 stock? or is there no way of doing that
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

If you have a look within the activity file, you can just replace the train file name with the '92 stock. I figured it out by studying other activity files and figuring out the train file names. It takes work, but using the replace function in notepad makes it a whole lot easier.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
london_365

Post by london_365 »

how do we do it step by step?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

london_365 wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 23:06 how do we do it step by step?
Activity creation (I wrote it in Dutch, so perhaps you need to translate it first): viewtopic.php?p=16376#p16376
Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Beta 3.18.1

Post by Michiel »

An update has been made available: Beta3181.exe

This update fixes some minor problems and adds support for the new RegioCitadis, SLT en DDM vehicles.
brozma

Re: Beta 3.18.1

Post by brozma »

Michiel wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 17:23 An update has been made available: Beta3181.exe

This update fixes some minor problems and adds support for the new RegioCitadis, SLT en DDM vehicles.
And one of those things seems to be a complete rehaul of ATB-EG security system. Now it doesn't just beeps it's deadman at you every 30 seconds and hits EB, if you don't respond to deadman buzzing. Now it makes a completely different sound signals. There are sound signals, I've encountered so far incl. phonetical transcription.

1st: Long uninterrupted ringing (TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!) - Overspeed warning. This signal sounds off, if you exceed the speed limit, enforced by ATB-EG, over 5 km/h. If you hear this signal, slow down immediately, because you're overspeeding. If you ignore this signal the ringing will eventually stop, but ATB-EG will hit EB and abruptly stop you.

2nd: One single ding (DING!) - "Speed limit greater than previous one" notification. This signal sounds off if you enter the section, where the speed limit is greater than on the previous one, you were on. If you hear this signal, just check the speedometer to see, which speed limit is now enforced, then you can speed up.

3rd: One single ding acompanied by short ringing burst (DING! TRRRRN!) - "Speed limit lesser than previous one" alert. This signal sounds off if you enter the section, where the speed limit is lesser than on the previous one, you were on. If you hear this signal, start to slow down carefully until you hear "Lesser speed limit reached" notification (more about it below). If you ignore this signal, an overspeed warning will sound off a few seconds later, ending in ATB-EB hitting EB and abruptly stopping you.

4th: Three short ringing bursts with short interruptions (TRRRRN! - TRRRRN! - TRRRRN!) - "Lesser speed limit reached" notification - This signal sounds off during slowing down from greater speed limit to lesser speed limit to notify you, you have already reached the lesser speed limit, so you can safely stop slowing down. If you hear this signal you can stop slowing down and let the train coast. Of course you can keep slowing down, if you need to, or correct the speed, if you overshot it with slowing down. ;)

5th: Continuous long bursts of ringing with short interruptions (similar to the ringing of an old telephone) (TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN! - TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN! - TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN! - TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!) TBH, I have completely no idea, what does this sound signal actually means. I only ecountered it, when I stopped with 4 car long NS SLT on Platform 7 on Rijndam Centraal station, and then changed the direction from the stopblock to the Platform 7 exit rail. The only ways to stop this ringing (I've discovered so far), is either by turning the cabin off, or by setting the route in the CVL console, which turns the signal yellow or green. I wonder if there's another way to stop that ringing, than those two methods mentioned before? This ringing gets kinda annoying after some time.

Also warning! Since this rehaul, ATB-EG doesn't stop you, if you SPAD through the signal! So pay very close attention to signals and if you stop at red signal, don't try to go past it, thinking it's a falsely given red aspect! There's nothing to stop you if you SPAD through! If you want to depart from station, double check the aspect shown on the signal at the end of the platform!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
PCC34

Post by PCC34 »

Capture.PNG1.JPG
Capture.PNG1.JPG (231.54 KiB) Viewed 11883 times
Capture88.JPG
Capture88.JPG (296.32 KiB) Viewed 11883 times
Noticed some new scenery and catenary in the Kaapdorp area. Does this mean that the Essim railway is being connected to the Rijndam railway in the near future? Not asking the devs to rush anything just exited about the future of the Simvilet - Rijndam network. :D