Sjoerd's medical emergency discussion topic

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Sjoerd's medical emergency discussion topic

Post by brozma »

Hello everyone, as you may have noticed in "RET ZGT tram" topic, Sjoerd got himself into a huge pickle last night, and he had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. I can't tell, what happened to him. I only hope it wasn't a heart attack or very serious injury. Anyway, I've decided to make this topic in order to make an appropriate place, where he can inform us, how is it going with him, and where we can discuss this issue with him.
If you have no idea, what I am talking about, look here.

@Sjoerd: If you are reading this, I've decided to make this topic, so you can inform us, how is it going with you, and so you can discuss this issue with us, without need to write this into "RET ZGT tram" topic.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
luka23

Re: Sjoerd's medical emergency discussion topic

Post by luka23 »

While your intentions well-intended, I don't think Sjoerd feels the need to have a topic public about his medical emergency, it's already enough to deal with that it happened.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It is not a heart attack, but rather a problem with my lungs (they found the problem). It is not covid; they tested for that first, and the result was 'negative'.
I am still in the hospital. I am told they will decide tomorrow about sending me home or not, but in any case, I am to take complete rest for a few weeks, and medication.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Isaacp14

Post by Isaacp14 »

oh how bad I hope it will be ok otherwise someone else would have to come and finish the ZGT. Too bad to hear this I'm very sad about it 😒😒😒😒😒😒
Isaacp14

Post by Isaacp14 »

I hope everything works out Sjoerd πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Godspeed soldier!
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
brits37

Post by brits37 »

I wish you a speedy recovery and take rest. We will see you soon on the forum
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I was just told they want to keep me in the hospital for another day, and decide on sending me home again tomorrow.

The ZGT is in itself pretty much done; only the camera standpoints for passenger views need doing, perhaps make some activities using the ZGT instead of other vehicles, and make and test the new "TramNL" pakkage.

But due to my medical situation, even if I get to go home tomorrow, I am forbidden from doing any work; my wife already said she is going to keep me away from my laptop (good luck trying, haha.... I will be permitted to watch TV, and I also use my laptop as a DVD player....)

I really want to continue, but a delay is just unavoidable.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Termatenjohan

Post by Termatenjohan »

we won't die if the ZGT comes out a month later. you might if you keep working at it :P
Altijd op zoek naar reisgenoten voor een rondje bussen in rotterdam en dordrecht.
instagram: ov_spotter_nl_
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: ↑15 Feb 2023, 11:11
But due to my medical situation, even if I get to go home tomorrow, I am forbidden from doing any work; my wife already said she is going to keep me away from my laptop (good luck trying, haha.... I will be permitted to watch TV, and I also use my laptop as a DVD player....)

I really want to continue, but a delay is just unavoidable.
I understand your ambition Sjoerd but health comes first, I have to agree with your wife πŸ˜„

I think mine would even forbid me to watch TV if I was ill, but I would totally accept that.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.