Plans for a Munich-style map?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

U2 Feldmoching

Re: Plans for a Munich-style map?

Post by U2 Feldmoching »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 22:36 I have looked into it for a moment... It seems to be a lot like the Rotterdam system; it uses the same train control system (LZB / Linienförmige Zugbeeinflussung / linear train control, which in Rotterdam is called ATB, but it really is LZB801). Most of it is underground, but to make it interesting, you'd want at least the surface part of line U6 in the north of the city (which includes the depot, which I visited in october 2011 during an open day, but sadly I do not have good photo's of it).
It would require a large amount of custom objects to be created (looking at the stations in this video: https://youtu.be/qBIirjzPC8g), so that would be a huge project. I'm not sure I'm up for this (but never say never)... So for now; just use the train on the Simvliet and Rijndam networks.
If you are interested one day in building an munich style map. I can provide you with photos of stations or some details since im living here :D So if do it one day, just contact me :D