Cable car

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Cable car

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 21:48 He's some positive feedback. In American English, most words ending in 'our' does not have the 'u' in the word. So in this case, it's not 'Harbour' but instead, it's 'Harbor'.
The correction has been made ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

And I thought, this is impossible in Metrosim. Why am I even surprised? We have a funicular in Metrosim, and I also thought, that funicular is impossible to make in Metrosim.
And about "our" - "or" spelling, don't get me started about, how one toxic American Discord user on one server picked on me, when I wrote "Favourite" instead of "Favorite." I think that guy watched too much South Park, especially episode "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut." He was later marked by server's admin as xenophobic, and banned from the server.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 17:59 And I thought, this is impossible in Metrosim. Why am I even surprised? We have a funicular in Metrosim, and I also thought, that funicular is impossible to make in Metrosim.
It's just a matter of creative thinking... How to use the functions that are available to me to get the effect that I want. ;)
brozma wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 17:59And about "our" - "or" spelling, don't get me started about, how one toxic American Discord user on one server picked on me, when I wrote "Favourite" instead of "Favorite."
In the case of Harbour versus Harbor, I like the English spelling better. But as the cable car is a San Francisco invention (and only San Francisco still uses it), I'm happy to use the American spelling for this project (just like I used the word "streetcar" during the Toronto tram project). :D
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

@Sjoerd if you have any questions about the cable car system, feel free to PM me, while I don't work at the cable car division, I do work for Muni and could probably get you pictures for reference or answers. Loving the initial photos!

Also re: "its its own system so it isn't compatible with the tram networks," there are some streetcars that look like cable cars which, if you wanted to, could modify the cable car model you have to make them usable for the tram networks as a "fake cable car." For example this one in the picture is the oldest car we have, while it looks like a cable car, it never was one. The early streetcars looked like cable cars mostly because the same manufacturers built them, and it was convenient to just reuse a proven body design for the then new streetcar vehicles.
Attachments
San-Francisco’s-Municipal-railway-hacked.jpg
San-Francisco’s-Municipal-railway-hacked.jpg (190.01 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Id love to drive a tram like that around Hageningren. So cool !
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

brozma wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 17:59 And about "our" - "or" spelling, don't get me started about, how one toxic American Discord user on one server picked on me, when I wrote "Favourite" instead of "Favorite." I think that guy watched too much South Park, especially episode "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut." He was later marked by server's admin as xenophobic, and banned from the server.
I'm sorry to hear about that. Yes, a small portion of American citizens are sadly toxic like this. If y'all remember, I used to be like this here at one point. :oops:
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The simulator does not have turntables as an option, so we'll just use turning loops instead...

Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 08:50 The simulator does not have turntables as an option, so we'll just use turning loops instead...
It's also easier to turn than a turntable. ;)
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Climb those hills....
Attachments
Cablecar_015.jpg
Cablecar_015.jpg (472.82 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »