Testingroute

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Testingroute

Post by Sjoerd »

I have created a new small route intended for testing trains, using a small map that loads faster then the other maps in the simulator due to it's small size.

There are three stations, simply called station A, station B and station C. The line between stations A and B has three tracks; one for trains, one for metro's under ATB train protection, and one for metro's under ZUB train protection. The line between stations B and C is single track, only for trains. This part of the route has a banked curve intended to see if trains don't tilt in the opposite direction (which has happened in the past due to coding errors, and can be corrected when discovered by testing the train on banked track).
Note: the platforms at station A are short. Recommend using maximum 4-carriage trains.

Destination codes for the CVL system are simply A, B and C. If you set a path manually, be aware that it is needed to set a path in and out of station B too, even though there are no switches at this station.

Wiki & download: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Testingmap
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
remy

Re: Testingroute

Post by remy »

Thank you! This is useful for me as well in testing the hardware control panel.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time, thank you Sjoerd 😁👏
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

This is good, Here can i test my new Repaints
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
brozma

Post by brozma »

Aaah~. This is something I needed. A good testing track to test a rolling stock on. Before this test track was released, I always used 2 different tracks to test rolling stock. Both of these track are in Rijndam Metro 2022 map. For testing panto mounted vehicles or 3rd rail/panto hybrids, I used railway track loop at Rijndam Molenwijk train station. For 3rd rail only vehicles (incl. rubber-tired trains and Amsterdam M5 train) I used Rijndam Metro line M4 in section between Noorderpoort and Rijndam Airport. But this can work very well for my tests.

A few tips to use this test map as best as you can:

1st: Trams and rubber tired vehicles can be tested on this map as well. Trams can be tested on NS track and rubber tired vehicles on metro tracks.

2nd: The maximum of spawned vehicles simultaneously is 2 for metro tracks and 3 for NS tracks, spawning more vehicles will overwhelm the map.

3rd: I don't recommend to test unidirectional vehicles on this map. They can't turn back on this map. They have to reverse back, and some unidirectional vehicles move slowly, when they're reversing.

4th: If you are planning to swap one or more vehicles between NS and metro track, don't forget to spawn diesel loco first, because the swapping track isn't electrified

5th: Don't hesitate to experiment on this map. It is meant for this.

6̶t̶h̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶j̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y (not valid anymore, see below)
Last edited by brozma on 01 Feb 2022, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 21:45 3rd: I don't recommend to test unidirectional vehicles on this map.
It all depends on what you want to test. For example how fast you can accelerate.... no problem.
And with unidirectional vehicles... You can always couple two of them back-to-back if you want :D
brozma wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 21:45 6th: There are no destination codes for this map, so that means, you have to control junctions manually
There are. Read my opening post:
Sjoerd wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 11:10 Destination codes for the CVL system are simply A, B and C. If you set a path manually, be aware that it is needed to set a path in and out of station B too, even though there are no switches at this station.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 22:00 There are. Read my opening post:
Sjoerd wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 11:10 Destination codes for the CVL system are simply A, B and C. If you set a path manually, be aware that it is needed to set a path in and out of station B too, even though there are no switches at this station.
Ooops! I figured that out after I wrote this. Dagit! :oops:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

For a future update, it would be nice if the train tracks had dual gauge (metric and standard), so that we also could test FGV 230072500, or the Remodelado Lisbon trams in the two versions, if necessary.
As well as, including a new track only for trams, with only two stations, or redesign the platforms of the stations in which lenght owuld fit both for trams and metros or trains, like Simvliet lightrail (Line D), between Zoutplas Centrum and Hageningen Centraal.
The stations could also have DRIM panels, in order to see it the destination codes work properly, but as the stations have no names, that wouldn't be priority, for now.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

The destination codes have nothing to do with the trains, but with the map instead. So DRIMs would be technically useless
remy

Post by remy »

With help from Sjoerd, here is an activity on the ATB track, which I'm using to get most of the ATB signals for my panel:

Code: Select all

<activity name="Remy ATB (5200 A-B)" mappack="TestingMap" mapfile="testingmap.map" time="20:00:00">

<controldata system="0" pack="TestingMap" file="Routes.ctd">
  <trainnumber old="F10001" new="1012AB"/>
  <trainnumber old="F10002" new="1021XX"/>
 </controldata>

<consists>
  <consist start="A-4">
  <train pack="RET" file="5200-2006.xml" number="5206">
    <cab id="0" enabled="true" ai="202"/>
    <cab id="0" mycontrol="true"/>
  </train>
  <train pack="RET" file="5200-2006.xml"/>
  </consist>

<consist start="B-2" position="500">
    <train pack="RET" file="5200-2006.xml"/>
  </consist>

</consists>
</activity>
Second train starts a a few hundred meters from the other station, traffic control sets a route to that track.

Have one for ZUB as well, but since my panels don't support ZUB I haven't used that one much.