London Undeground Content - Sound (And Texture) HEditing

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

DeepChillWolf

London Undeground Content - Sound (And Texture) HEditing

Post by DeepChillWolf »

Hi,

I'm Deep, a long-term player ("veteran" you could say ) of Metro Simulator. I have upgraded content before on other Train Simulators such as TS2020 and OpenBVE. I am interested in making an unrefurbished reskin for the LU 1973 Tube Stock. If the sim engine makes it possible, I'd also like to revamp the sounds on the unit as some of them are slightly incorrect. Please let me know any knowledge you have on content editing.

-DeepChillWolf
metrolord

Re: London Undeground Content - Sound (And Texture) HEditing

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd said you cannot edit sounds and textures of London stock.
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
DeepChillWolf

Post by DeepChillWolf »

Mk. Thanks for the reply.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

At least for the sounds, you can cooperate with him though and send him the files. That can technically happen if he has time to do it
DeepChillWolf

Post by DeepChillWolf »

Alright. I'll probably get what I need and send them over to him.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

metrolord wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 08:37 Sjoerd said you cannot edit sounds and textures of London stock.
Please don't listen to random members pretending to speak for developers. Help is always welcome, but our resources are limited so whether it will be picked up depends on how much work needs to be done to implement it. If you have sounds files that we can use (we need to consider copyright of course) and they have already been edited in a form that can easily be used, then there are definitely possibilities. Textures are a bit more tricky, most models do not have unique textures for the entire vehicle but some textures are shared by different parts. Editing these textures means also the model needs to be edited, which requires additional manpower we might not have.