Passengers

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Glory5398

Passengers

Post by Glory5398 »

I was always wanted to see a passenger feature in the game where u actually see people get on and off the train and also see people waiting at stations to make it a bit more realistic like ur actually there in real life.
Nicolas

Re: Passengers

Post by Nicolas »

To be honest I don't think moving passengers are a crucial feature. In Train Simulator you can have passengers walking through props (or even walls) in stations and I think it entirely defeats the purpose of including them. I like this game and it's relatively simple aesthetic, putting detail only where it really matters.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Nicolas wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 03:31 To be honest I don't think moving passengers are a crucial feature. In Train Simulator you can have passengers walking through props (or even walls) in stations and I think it entirely defeats the purpose of including them. I like this game and it's relatively simple aesthetic, putting detail only where it really matters.
Well said. Passengers are the last things to be added to the simulator along with vehicle traffic AI. So we shouldn't see that type of content for a long run, unless Michiel willing to sale the simulator off to some studio who would either A) f*** up development, B) Discontinue development, or C) complete and fully publish the sim. The chances of that happening as of now and moving forward is slimmer than the Route Editor's public release and everyone knows the Route Editor ain't getting a public release.
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Nicolas wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 03:31 To be honest I don't think moving passengers are a crucial feature. In Train Simulator you can have passengers walking through props (or even walls) in stations and I think it entirely defeats the purpose of including them. I like this game and it's relatively simple aesthetic, putting detail only where it really matters.
You've got to remember with TS Route Building is it's entirely the responsibility of whoever builds the route to make sure they insert the correct boundaries so people don't become the matrix. It's not actually a bug, just a lazy human :lol:

But yeah, Metrosim with or without passengers, I don't really mind
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol: