Ugly soundbug

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrosimfan

Ugly soundbug

Post by metrosimfan »

Hello metrodrivers and developers,

I had in my last session a very ugly sound bug. I heard the vehicle, that I drove before. That happens sometimes as a coincidence. I can't describe how that bug occurs.

Thanks for any help, and for bugfixing :D ;)

OT: Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
Trainzdriver328

Re: Ugly soundbug

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

if you mean the soundbug of the SG3 / RGS3 when you hit the emergency stop, I have that too. I don't know if there is already an improved version
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Yeah, that is the bug of the emergency stop sound, Michael said you can fix it by going back to the depot or something
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That's not a bug; it's a feature. Those metro's do not have ABS (anti block system); if you brake too hard, the wheels can stop turning even if you have not stopped yet. That means you start sliding, and that causes flat surfaces on the wheels. So when you start driving again, you get that 'boink-boink-boink' sound. It's known as the "square wheel syndrome", and can be repaired in the simulation by entering the workshop at the main depot.
Last edited by Sjoerd on 19 Jun 2020, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:34 That's not a bug; it's a feature. Those metro's do not have ABS (anti block system); if you brake too hard, the wheels can stop turning even if you have not stopped yet. That means you start sliding, and that causes flat surfaces on the wheels. So when you start driving againg, you get that 'boink-boink-boink' sound. It's known as the "square wheel syndrome", and can be repaired in the simulation by entering the workshop at the main depot.
Ok
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

metrolord wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:39
Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:34 That's not a bug; it's a feature. Those metro's do not have ABS (anti block system); if you brake too hard, the wheels can stop turning even if you have not stopped yet. That means you start sliding, and that causes flat surfaces on the wheels. So when you start driving againg, you get that 'boink-boink-boink' sound. It's known as the "square wheel syndrome", and can be repaired in the simulation by entering the workshop at the main depot.
Ok
We call that "Vierkante wielen" or in English flat tiers.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 12:34 We call that "Vierkante wielen" or in English flat tiers.
As I said; "square wheel syndrome" :D
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:34 That's not a bug; it's a feature. Those metro's do not have ABS (anti block system); if you brake too hard, the wheels can stop turning even if you have not stopped yet. That means you start sliding, and that causes flat surfaces on the wheels. So when you start driving again, you get that 'boink-boink-boink' sound. It's known as the "square wheel syndrome", and can be repaired in the simulation by entering the workshop at the main depot.
I know that. That isn't my problem. I hear the other train, I drove before, from far away.
Example: I drive Train 111 at first. Then I give it to the AI. It accelerates, and I hear the sound of the train, even though I shouldn't hear it.
When I change to Train 112 to drive it, I hear two sounds (my current train 112 and the train 111 from far away)

The flat-wheels are annoying, but when I drive anticipatory (I hope it is the correct word for the german word 'vorrausschauend') it won't happen. (In simulator there aren't reasons for emergency brakings, yet. ;) )
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

And which train (type) were you driving? If we don't know that, we can't investigate the problem.
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

It happens randomly. Sometimes with SG2, sometimes with SG2/1 or SG3 or something else. I can't describe how that bug occurs.

One time I was abled to stopping the bug while I entered in all cabs on the train, that caused the bug. But it happened only one time. I couldn't recreate it.
Last edited by metrosimfan on 19 Jun 2020, 15:30, edited 2 times in total.