Some life in activities

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HexxOP

Some life in activities

Post by HexxOP »

Hey everyone, after the last 'regulation activity' fail that nobody wanted, I'm coming back with another idea !

As we all have probably experienced in real life, a common transport line is a living structure, some trains are delayed, some trams must terminate before the last station, some buses must be deviated etc...

The idea is to simply add some life and unexpectedness to some activities.

In real life (at least the life I've experienced :roll: ), every scenario is anticipated and a certain number of backup plans are prepared to be as effective as possible when a certain problem happens.
Just to give examples to illustrate :

If *problem*
→ *limitations to exploitation*
→ *best immediate solution to apply* (evolution depend on update of situation)

(Simvliet 2013)
If Roosveltlaan electrical substation is down
→ Maximum trains per hour and per bound is limited to 6 trains on SDW/BGN section.
→ Lines A & B terminates at SDW, line C stays cadenced on 10.

(Rijndam 2018)
If NOP junction is in default
→ Junction must be locked to one path only
→ Lock junction on direct path. Line 2 and 3 keeps same routes. Line 4 reverse at RCS tailtrack.

I already started to built a special activity based on the switching from normal to adapted services :

Everything is based on the Rijndam 2018 "AI_Weekday" from Sjoerd (because it's one of the map where any problem touch almost every line).
As it's a general, we could make an activity for any line with the same incident happening.
Your shift starts as a normal one, until a minor derailment happen right after Nationale Opera, all lines are suspended during a little moment, and lines are restarted one by one to get as close to the services down bellow as possible.
The "extra" thing is to add an audio file timed like the activity with radio communications, just like if you where in the driving cab,
I already started to do it in French but woudn't mind some help for other languages :P .

Rijndam_Metrokaart_2018_InteruptionNOP_V2.png
Rijndam_Metrokaart_2018_InteruptionNOP_V2.png (105.46 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

For now it's still a WIP but timings are done, tested out audio, recorded all audio communication stamps (beeps and stuff),
I now need to create the final .act, finish scripting audio communications and record them.

So before I start the boring part :
- Would some of you be interested to play an activity like this ?
- If so would some of you be interested to record some voices for the audio file (I take care of editing, mic quality isn't too much of an issue as I'm dirtying the audio, but acting must be believable) ?
- Same for translations, I can approximately translate it from French to English, but not in another language (without the real technical words though, i suppose things like 'command center' are shorten in real life) ?

Oh, and I take my time to do things as good as I can, so it can take a while before the finished product.

Thanks if you read so far :)
Citadis

Re: Some life in activities

Post by Citadis »

I'm interested to play!
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
metrosimfan

Re: Some life in activities

Post by metrosimfan »

Great idea
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?