Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

MP 85 wrote:I suppose the first train goes to Ketelplein :?:
Yes, indeed; it starts as a consist of 4xSG2 from Molenwijk to Ketelplein. At Ketelplein, it splits into two sets of 2xSG2, for the first two metro's out of Ketelplein to Noorderpoort. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

For those of you who like to make your own repaints; I have made an activity for Rijndam 1985 in which ONLY repaintable MG2 en SG2 rolling stock are used. ;)
Attachments
Rijndam 111.jpg
Rijndam 111.jpg (210.35 KiB) Viewed 5021 times
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote:For those of you who like to make your own repaints; I have made an activity for Rijndam 1985 in which ONLY repaintable MG2 en SG2 rolling stock are used. ;)
So thoughtful of you.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.65 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
This is now a dead account.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Which brings me to the point that we really need a Rijndam paint sheme. Asides that I only have problems with repaints on the current version. Cargo train works, but the other one are not found; custom textures is enabled. I'm not the only one with that problem, but as 1985 will require at least 3.11, I will look again for that later.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I have a question... If in Rijndam 2018 RSG2 are out of service which material will make the Airport Transit?

About the Rijndam 1985 repaint activity... Nice work Sjoerd! ;) I still have difficult to make my own textures...
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote:I have a question... If in Rijndam 2018 RSG2 are out of service which material will make the Airport Transit?

About the Rijndam 1985 repaint activity... Nice work Sjoerd! ;) I still have difficult to make my own textures...
Instructions on how to make your own repaints can be found here: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Make_your_own_textures
An how to put them into Metrosimulator: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Put_your_own ... n_the_game

I usually just open the data -> custom -> textures folder, open the textures with MS Paint, and change them (after making a backup of course). ;)

Your question about the Airport Transit; I wanted to use some of Michiel's fictional train sets (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=825#p9321), but it is not clear whether these will be available in Beta 3.11 or not.
So I am still using SG2's on the airport transit line. The airport gets the second hand rolling stock from Rijndam; nice and cheap :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Which brings me to the point that we really need a Rijndam paint sheme.
I have made a quick drawing. In effect, I made a repaint looking at this bus (on the right): https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5C2YQVR3arc/maxresdefault.jpg
Why did I pick Syntus as a template? My workplace is in Utrecht, where I see these busses every day (and I have build timetables for Syntus a lot in the past year).

However, for a Rijndam specific paint scheme, I'll probably think about it some more and make a few changes.... :D

https://s26.postimg.org/65yb8ndmx/Syntus_RD.jpg
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am building an activity for Rijndam 1985 in which the network runs on a high frequency all day for an event. To reduce the number of passengers who need to transfer between the two lines, the services from Molenwijk are extended to Ketelplein.

However, this creates a problem. On the basis of the other activities I have already created for Rijndam 1985, I have determined the quantities of rolling stock this network needs (in service and in reserve/maintenance), and how many of each type; 18 type MG2 and 30 type SG2. These numbers are maintained in each activity.
For the activity I am building now, I have 18 services to run, and each of them goes to Ketelplein, and therefore requires the use of the SG2 rolling stock. However, if I want to run each service with at least two coupled trainsets, I do not have enough trains of the required type.

Luckily, these two types of trains are designed to be able to operate together; the MG2 even has pantograph indicators in the cab. So, let's do a testrun..... :)

https://s26.postimg.org/46hph8jbd/Rijndam_112.jpg
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Is technically power beeing transferred via the schaku electricity system or does the SG2 get the full last of the train alone?

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Is technically power beeing transferred via the schaku electricity system or does the SG2 get the full last of the train alone?
I can't find information about that on the internet, but I just did a small test; 4 MG2 + 1 SG2 using the overhead wire power supply; the acceleration is lower. So count on that second option; you can control the pantograph of the SG2 from the MG2 cab, and you have an indicator light for it, and also the 'you have power' indicator lights up, but it is only the SG2 who uses the power. :D