Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iamhankhamTS

Re: Rijndam

Post by iamhankhamTS »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:11 Well Ik Molewiki is a Depot for Rijndam Rail Trains, But another depot Could be Needed for Traxx Units as well as the other trains being added
Possibly at Zeeburg, that would make complete sense!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:06
MSB4THOMAS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 16:29
Sjoerd wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 15:55

Panbos is well outside of Rijndam, and Tropicana is on the edge of the city (quite some distance away). I don't think an underground tramline would be very realistic there.
Then how about from Tropicana to Transferuim via Bank (M7) - Guggenheim (M2,3 and 4) - Garenmarkt (M1, T1,T3 and T4) at Garenmarkt it joins the T3 track to Statenpolder and then heads via Koning Willem 1 to Transferium? I know it sounds long but that more or less the point to enjoy a long ride :mrgreen:
You would be better off asking for minor changes rather than completely new things! The new tracks at Molenwijk was a fantastic idea and was simple. Ye on my brainwave now? ;)
Yeah I am :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

@Sjoerd could there be a extra 2 tracks to store tram at Denia instead of having to drive them all the way from buitenvelden?
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

If I had to suggest anything, it would be adding a new station for the Rijndam Zuid line, mostly for sprinter services. A basic 2 platform station at these points would be good.

Spot 1: Rijndam Hoogbouw - Rijndam Highrise
Rijndam Hoogbouw possible site.
Rijndam Hoogbouw possible site.
20190823192312_1.jpg (356.1 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
Spot 2: Landgoed Rijndam - Rijndam Estate
Landgoed Rijndam possible site.
Landgoed Rijndam possible site.
20190823192346_1.jpg (378.23 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
The only disadvantage is that Hoogbouw is on a gradient.

What do you think?

EDIT: I was thinking one or the other and not both due to spacing distance. ;)
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:30 If I had to suggest anything, it would be adding a new station for the Rijndam Zuid line, mostly for sprinter services. A basic 2 platform station at these points would be good.

20190823192312_1.jpg

20190823192346_1.jpg

What do you think?

It could work but that would mean that HSL trains (I’m talking HSM and TRAXX) need to slow down before passing (correct me if I’m wrong) but I think the best one would be the Rijndam estate because you can divert it from the main line and make the station mainly for de RR-DDM (6 units max if you want 9) so that trains towards Zeeburg or Ypenburg can bypass without disturbance. I see were ye are thinking (kinda :lol: )
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

Can you increase the speed limit between "Simvlietaan" and "Houtweg"? I do not understand why we have to drive at 35 when there is no switch.

More over, at NOP5, to exit the MG2 there is some problem: I make the path on the CVL but I end up with a 0 Absoluut.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

MSB4THOMAS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:08
iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:30 If I had to suggest anything, it would be adding a new station for the Rijndam Zuid line, mostly for sprinter services. A basic 2 platform station at these points would be good.
What do you think?
It could work but that would mean that HSL trains (I’m talking HSM and TRAXX) need to slow down before passing (correct me if I’m wrong) but I think the best one would be the Rijndam estate because you can divert it from the main line and make the station mainly for de RR-DDM (6 units max if you want 9) so that trains towards Zeeburg or Ypenburg can bypass without disturbance. I see were ye are thinking (kinda :lol: )
I see what you mean. Yeah, could be a thing! :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:13
perfecttrains1000 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:11 Well Ik Molewiki is a Depot for Rijndam Rail Trains, But another depot Could be Needed for Traxx Units as well as the other trains being added
Possibly at Zeeburg, that would make complete sense!
Read back a little:
Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 19:30
Citadis wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 19:01 Thanks for coments, Sjoerd, could you show us the true CVL part of Ypenbug and HSL ?
Here it is;

https://i.postimg.cc/kGrpG7Yr/Rijndam-2022-CVL-HSL.png
Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 20:25
<Swaggerboy> wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 20:18 When you said a lot of sidings, you weren’t kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 sidings available for HSL trains for the Zeeburg - Rijndam (-Airport) service, and two for local trains. Siding Z31 is just long enough to accommodate a single locomotive; should you be using a single locomotive and need to shunt around to the other end of the train. ;)
So, 4 sidings at Zeeburg for TRAXX hauled trainsets for the Zeeburg - Rijndam (Airport) service.

Okay, next question ;) :
MSB4THOMAS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:24 @Sjoerd could there be a extra 2 tracks to store tram at Denia instead of having to drive them all the way from buitenvelden?
No, and here's why: Denia in the Metrosimulator network is actually based on the real Denia station, located at the end of line 9 of the Alicante 'Tram' network (until 2016 only diesel trains, stil active on the Benidorm-Calp section, starting 2020 when the Calp-Denia section re-opens it will be diesel trams). I already cheated by installing overhead wires, I will not add more tracks.
https://www.denia.com/anuncian-inicio-l ... -de-denia/

The depot at Denia can already hold 4 trams, if you use the sidings at Transferium Rijndijk for the M5 rolling stock.
You can ofcourse also park a few vehicles at the now un-used tram platforms on the lower level at Transferium Rijndijk.

Next :) :

20190823192312_1.jpg

20190823192346_1.jpg

What do you think?
Spot 1 is practically at walking distance from "Blauwpoortsbrug" on line M4.
Spot 2.... Perhaps. A stations of max 170 meter length would fit there (between the signals and the next curve). If many people want it....?
The platforms would just be build along the existing track; there isn't room here to add switches and a 4-track layout.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

I just love how professional you were with that thread Sjoerd! Fantastic! Anyways...
Sjoerd wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:38

20190823192312_1.jpg

20190823192346_1.jpg

What do you think?
Spot 1 is practically at walking distance from "Blauwpoortsbrug" on line M4.
Spot 2.... Perhaps. A stations of max 170 meter length would fit there (between the signals and the next curve). If many people want it....?
The platforms would just be build along the existing track; there isn't room here to add switches and a 4-track layout.
Hoogbouw: I didn't scout the area well enough so good point. The gradient too rules this bit out!
Landgoed: Anyone willing to have a station there then? Such a simple station but another stop to make the second sprinter service more viable!
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Spot 2 is perfect. But having both would just turn RR2 into a heavy metro line. So I would just add spot 2.
Last edited by Sgt_DeBones on 23 Aug 2019, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro