New member: Alfacinha315

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

New member: Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Hello everyone! :) Thanks for accepting my register in this forum. I live in Lisbon, capital city of Portugal, and I discovered this game in the last month. I love trains, so this is an amazing game I really enjoy to play.

My English isn't very good, I speak better portuguese, my maternal language. I hope we can change ideas and questions about the game. In the future you could put some portuguese references on the game... ;)

My favourite route is the 1982 one, from Oostpark to Simvliet Centrum, and my favourite activity is the Museum one, in 2020 route. I also love travelling from Stadionweg to Araplein... It's the only route without 3rd rail, only for trains with pantograph (so only trains from SG2 can travelling in that itinerary). ;)

My only difficult on the game is driving in the Explore mode... I really can't ride on the entire routes. So, I hope in the future can solve this problem.
Last edited by Alfacinha315 on 20 Apr 2017, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MetroSimGermany

Re: New member: Alfacinha315

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Welcome!

The Tussenvelden - DeMolens part of line B does have overhead wire as well.
If you are to lazy to set your path for driving in explore mode, there are predefined paths somewhere. You have to chose a path file and set a train number with your destination so the game knows where you want to go. Please read the MetroSim readme and the CVL part in the Wiki for information about that.
The game is currently based in the netherlands, but if there is an editor released to the public, you can build an portugese environment yourself ;)
I also appreciate that you write something about yourself - in all forums I know people register and register and never say a word, so you basicly see the standard 5-15 online every day and rarely a new person.

Happy MetroSimming and greets from Germany!
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sorry for being late, but I finally solved the problem... :) Just deativated ATB in Explore mode and my HSM could riding from Airport to Lelywaard in just 6 minutes, at an maximum speed of 250 km/h!

It would be nice if in Al mode doors would open and close automaticaly, I have to deativate Al mode to doing it. Also I can't ativate announcements from Afroeptool (how can I do it? Plase help me!).

Thank you and keep the good work on the game! When I will have oportunity I will make a repaint on the SG3 trains to make them look like CP - Comboios de Portugal rolling stock, or in an MG2 train, to make them like Lisbon Metro. ;) I still have to see the tutorials on the forums, wiki and YouTube...
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

You do not have do deactivate the AI to manually open the doors when you have stopped at a station. You can just open them while leaving the AI turned on. The AI will close the doors automatically again when it is time to continue driving.

The Afroeptool: open the program before starting Metrosimulator, select a route, and leave the window open. Start metrosimulator and start your simulation. Every time you press the + on your numpad, the next announcement will sound.

The SG3 trains are not repaintable (yet?). You can only repaint MG2 and SG2 trains, and the HSM. You can download a few skins (as examples, to learn how to do it) in the wiki repaint showroom.
And you can read this: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Make_your_own_textures
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

The reason A.I. trains don't open their doors is that the A.I. only unlocks the doors. Possibly for a later passenger feature.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Thank you again for answeringmy questions! :) Unfortunately I still press + button in my numpad, and I still can't hear the sounds, even with afroeptool installed...
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Ah, and to unlock the doors in the A.I. mode I just press the del and end buttons, then they close automaticaly...
MetroSimGermany

-Soundcard may not work with AfroepTool. Wich OS are you using?
-If you have an Laptop/Netbook the + key may need the the FN key to be pressed.
-Click "Knop toewitzen" and press any key, that will be the new button for announcements now.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

MetroSimGermany wrote:-Soundcard may not work with AfroepTool. Wich OS are you using?
-If you have an Laptop/Netbook the + key may need the the FN key to be pressed.
-Click "Knop toewitzen" and press any key, that will be the new button for announcements now.
I am using W10. What is the FN key?

Thanks for the tip... (I only saw this right now)
Last edited by Alfacinha315 on 20 Apr 2017, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: I am using W10. Whatis the FN key?
Wikipedia: "The Fn key, short form for function, is a modifier key on many keyboards, especially on laptops, used in a compact layout to combine keys which are usually kept separate. It is typically found on laptops due to their keyboard size restrictions."

On my laptop it is on the bottom-left, next to the Ctrl-key. If you use a normal keyboard, this key won't be there, and you won't need it. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D