I got some ideas for Michiel!

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TTGMB

Re: I got some ideas for Michiel!

Post by TTGMB »

I wanted to share ideas too! Here are some of mine:

Make some stations with bigger gaps

Make a command to re-open doors when luggage or passengers get stuck :lol: . So you don't get sacked

Squish the passengers on the platform during rush hours. Not forgetting the train :D

Make people come out of there homes

Please do make people all different looking

Make station buildings ( De Bergen definitely deserves one, also Simvleit Centrum, Stadionweg, Springstraat, Tussenvelden, De Molens, Oostpark.)

Make shops near the stations (Like my nearest station does)

Make a day and night cycle

If you do use these ideas please credit me for them, also if you do i would be happy :D ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote:Make some stations with bigger gaps
Shouldn't the policy be to avoid gaps between the train and the platform at any time?
Make people come out of there homes
Seems a bit unnecessary to me; it's metrosimulator, not "simcity" ;)
Generating people at the platform entrance would be enough.
Please do make people all different looking
Good idea; if and when we get passengers on the platforms, it would be strange if they where all identical to each other. But to avoid endless work; about 4-6 different passenger shapes would be sufficient. That, in combination with random colored clothing, makes a crowd of waiting passengers look diverse enough.
Make station buildings ( De Bergen definitely deserves one, also Simvleit Centrum, Stadionweg, Springstraat, Tussenvelden, De Molens, Oostpark.)
It's a metro system, not a former railway. However, along line A a stationbuilding would look great at Araplein; there is enough space left to build one (to make it look like, for example, the similar one-track terminus Mill Hill East on the London Underground Northernline; http://goo.gl/maps/vOJAt)
Make a day and night cycle
Best idea yet!
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

Thx for one compliment
Last edited by TTGMB on 15 Mar 2015, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

What you mean about tight Curve is like this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25U0s5Mn4c

BTW,no offensive, If you read more about the MetroSimulator Developing History,

you will know that those idea already made in a very very first version,and it causes lag...(because of 3D engine?)

Simvliet is a limited function version of the entire MetroSim.

Every version need to care about the performance,you can't be ubisoft and make ACU which full of bug and bad performance to most of the video card.

Just hold your breath and wait for 3.9.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

kinkisharyo wrote:What you mean about tight Curve is like this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25U0s5Mn4c
Haha, great solution!

That gives another idea for future functions in the simulator; if you add a function like these platform-extensions for every train-door, you could use the same programming to activate platform doors. Platform doors are not used on subway systems in the Netherlands yet, but they become increasingly more common on forein subway systems, like London and Paris;

https://www.google.nl/search?q=platform ... oors+paris

http://youtu.be/vZKAQ01MXOI

The extra challenge in the simulator will be to stop exactly at the right position on every stop, to make sure the train doors are lined up with the platform doors.

However, as you need to have fixed door positions, you can only use this in combination with just one type of train (when introducing platform doors on an existing network). So in Simvliet, when you decide to install platform doors on one or more stops, you are then only able to use just one type of train on that line (for example only (R)SG3 rolling stock), as other train types (with different door positions) won't match up with the platform doors.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Sjoerd wrote: The extra challenge in the simulator will be to stop exactly at the right position on every stop, to make sure the train doors are lined up with the platform doors.
Metro line with platform doors usually driven by computer,you can't compare this with manual drive route,
even it's manual driven,I believe Practice make perfect
Sjoerd wrote: However, as you need to have fixed door positions, you can only use this in combination with just one type of train (when introducing platform doors on an existing network). So in Simvliet, when you decide to install platform doors on one or more stops, you are then only able to use just one type of train on that line (for example only (R)SG3 rolling stock), as other train types (with different door positions) won't match up with the platform doors.
You got the point,Let's say Michel already made the door work,it shouldn't install in the existing route now,maybe a new separate line run with only one type of metro

Maybe a new type metro like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Metro_Line_1

with a tight curve hahaha

http://pic.pimg.tw/ice2006/4a5aee9be73bd.jpg
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.0659453 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

kinkisharyo wrote:
Sjoerd wrote: However, as you need to have fixed door positions, you can only use this in combination with just one type of train (when introducing platform doors on an existing network). So in Simvliet, when you decide to install platform doors on one or more stops, you are then only able to use just one type of train on that line (for example only (R)SG3 rolling stock), as other train types (with different door positions) won't match up with the platform doors.
You got the point,Let's say Michel already made the door work,it shouldn't install in the existing route now,maybe a new separate line run with only one type of metro
It could be installed on the underground Simvliet Centrum - Simvliet Airport section, and/or only on line C between Tussenvelden and Lelylaan, in the Simvliet 2020 route (or a later version, as I really do not want new idea's to delay beta 3.9 any further ;) ). As there are no type M and type T trains left in normal operation since Simvliet 2017 (only (R)SG3-trains now), the fixed-door positions are not a problem anymore.

But the most ideal situation would be to add a new (short/underground) line with a few stations all equiped with platform doors. Perhaps as an airport shuttle between terminals, with short platforms for just one SG3-train. This line should also have a track-connection with the normal route, to exchange rolling stock to the depot (and perhaps also for direct passenger services like "Simvliet Centrum - Airport terminal 4"). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Oh,I say this because I thought 3.9 will release the MG2/1 and SG2/1 ,since I saw the screenshot in Dutch Forum

I was wrong...omg
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

kinkisharyo wrote:Oh,I say this because I thought 3.9 will release the MG2/1 and SG2/1 ,since I saw the screenshot in Dutch Forum
I was wrong...omg
It would be great to see those trains in Beta3.9. But realistic; Michiel started work in the MG2/1 and SG2/1 in 2007. That's 8 years ago. I think he isn't really planning to release those trains anytime soon, if ever (perhaps he is saving it for a future All-of-Rottterdam version of the simulator). I would see it as a great surprise ( :D :D :D ) if these trains become downloadable, but I am not counting on it. :|
For now; I am just waiting for the Simvliet 2020 route, and I am hoping Michiel likes the idea's presented in this topic for later versions of the route (after 3.9, as not to delay its release). ;)
atimur

Post by atimur »

kinkisharyo wrote: Metro line with platform doors usually driven by computer,you can't compare this with manual drive route, even it's manual driven,I believe Practice make perfect
Saint-Petersburg Metro uses platform edge doors ("horizontal lift" system, as it's called there) while trains are manually controlled.